Thread: Bouncy Bands

Default Bouncy Bands

I think this product is INGENIOUS!!

http://myfox8.com/2014/08/15/ward-el...mote-learning/

Kelly, it made me think of you because I know you often perch on an exercise ball while doing home school. ;)

So far I don't have a kiddo who seems to need this, but I'm certainly keeping it in the back of my mind for the future. The idea of having a free-standing adult one is really cool, too. I think all of us could use a little leg break while we're sitting at a desk job.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

My daughter uses a seat pad thing that's like a mini Bosu ball with little nubs of rubber on it-let's her move around and gives her the deep tissue massage that helps center/ground her. But I like the idea of the band, too!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Blog Entries

Cool!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

So neat! This would be great for Lily!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I just ordered a couple. I'm hoping it will keep my kids in their seats at the table, but also I'm wondering if it works I might ask about bringing one to school for my older son, who was diagnosed with ADHD this summer.

I do like the idea overall my one and only concern is if other students who don't have ADD/ADHD would feel left out. I think they would be great for all students to get a little leg exercise in.
    *** Lindsay ***

I definitely feel like our current school model doesn't allow for enough physical activity and believe that all students would benefit from being able to bounce their feet throughout the day.

I really wish they'd add in several more 15 minute recess breaks throughout the day.

Anyone take any kind of training classes via work? I know for our our Customer Service training they take SEVERAL 10 and 15 minute breaks throughout the day in order to allow for information to be processed. I just don't get why we've done away with this for kids.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Oh wow, I love it! That is a fantastic idea!! The table the kids and I do school at would actually accommodate that !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels