Thread: Pregnancy in a woman with a heart problem

Default Pregnancy in a woman with a heart problem

Hello
    When i was 4 years old i underwent an open heart surgery to close an opening in the heart and the surgery was successful and i did not have a problem since then, but a couple of months ago i saw a cardiologist because another doctor told me he heard a murmur so i wanted to check what it was and i got the following report. I am engaged and i am concerned about what effect this problem or pregnancy might have on each other in the future so i would like know what this report means.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

The best bet is to ask your primary care doctor or an OB/GYN. I can't even fully read the doctor's report but it probably wouldn't make much sense to me anyway.

P.S. I am also moving this thread to any area that is more appropriate.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I can't read the report, but talk to your cardiologist and ob/gyn. I do know people who have history of heart problems who went on to have healthy and uncomplicated pregnancies including a friend of mine who had open heart surgery as an infant for a major heart defect and has lived her entire life with pacemakers.
    Mary Jane, doula and mom of Vada, Brynna, Tea, Moira, Kyan, Ambria, Aslan, and Anakin.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

A friend of mine has a murmur and is in her 17th week of pregnancy. She is not only closely monitored by her OB but her cardiologist as well. That being said, it really depends on your particular murmur and if they think it's innocent or if it's clinical. I wasn't able to read your report on my phone BTW