Thread: Robin!

Default Robin!

How are you??
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Blog Entries

I saw on a facebook group that she had her baby. Hopefully someone who is friends with her there can chime in with more details.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I heard you were asking ;)

Yes, my baby was born a couple days ago, a month early (35w2d.) She's been having a hard time, so she's in the NICU right now. It's hard for me to take any extra time to make an update, so I will just C&P if that's ok with you.... For a bit of back story, I had been contracting for several days, went into l&d on the 15th bc I had been having contractions increasing in intensity that were 2-3 minutes apart. While there my water broke and I had to deliver. My body did not kick in gear after about 15 hours, so they started me on pitocin. Here are the updates from there.

Aug 15: For my momma friends <3 Callie came into the world fast and furious two hours ago. I was only dilated to 5 at about 12:00 and just felt so defeated. I cried, called a friend, talked to Aaron and was just so tired and hurting. She was sunny side up, so I was in a lot of pain in my back and butt. All the sudden, about and hour later, just when I was ready to quit (and posted on my wall requesting prayer) I had a crazy hard contraction, could feel her turn and move down! I went from 5 to complete in that hour and couldn't keep from pushing! I delivered in four or five contraction, about 20 minutes, on my hands and knees with the nurse midwife.

Aug 16: So, it has been an emotional roller coaster kind of a day for us here with miss Callie. We went to the NICU because she was having very low blood sugar and not holding her temperature, then within a couple hours she was in respiratory distress and being hooked up to a nasal cannula. They did an x-Ray and found that she has fluid in her lungs. It doesn't appear that she aspirated, but she came so quickly that all the amniotic fluid that is breathed in and out while in the uterus was not able to be squeezed out of her lungs during delivery. She is not able to nurse or even bottle feed right now and has a tube going in her mouth to her belly. I'm struggling with all that bc they are pushing us to use formula when that is not what we want to do. (This is not just a personal conviction, but health related. I don't want to have a formula vs breast milk debate, so please don't go there.) So, I'm pumping as much as I can, but not getting much yet bc my milk hasn't come in, which is normal at this point. Anyway, it's been rough.... Lots of tears from all of us today.

Aug 17: the last one won't let me C&P so here's the link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1548925913
    Last edited by Songbird_kay; 08-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

For whatever reason this won't upload her pics :/

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Wow, Robin, that's quite the whirlwind you're going through! I'm sorry that this birth process hasn't been as easy as I'm sure you would have liked, but I am very glad to hear that your LO is doing well and progressing along quite well.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Aww thinking of you and Callie and the rest of your family!

We had the same issue with Abby (though she was FT). NICU is not a fun place, I hope they are taking great care you there. Praying that she gets stronger and healthier every day!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Congratulations on your baby girl! Sorry you are going through nicu experience! Hope she is out of there in no time. How's your dd1 doing? Hugs