Thread: Dirty Diapers...

Default Dirty Diapers...

Does anyone else have a little one who as soon as you change a diaper, they dirty one up again??? I mean like within 5 minutes of changing him, he's pooping again... What is that all about???
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Welcome to the world of having a newborn also known as a "pooping machine" mine went and still goes through sprees where I change somewhat 20 diapers in 24 hours. Yeah, sometimes more! It is their digestive system acting up and adjusting to all the new flora.

LOL Jess, it gets better!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Ok.... and breastfeeding mamas... is there like a growth spurt they go thru where they want to feed constantly? Like seriously. .. I'll finish, put him down and he wants to feed again within a half hour

Mine likes to poop as soon as I changed the wet diaper or during the change of the diapper as soon as I take the old one away but of course before the new one is in place. Or even better she likes to "shoot" it at me.....
    Elina changed her feeding pattern at around three weeks. Before that she went for hours without the need to feed. At three weeks she had a growth spurt as well as around five to six weeks. Right now she is feeding every two to three hours. I hope it changes again because the nights are slowly getting to me.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

The pooping all the time is normal but, it does regulate after a while. I think the first couple of weeks if I remember correctly there was the most people. Also not to be rude if you think about it that little guy didn't poop for 9 months it has to come out sometime. It will get easier!
    *** Lindsay ***

Growth spurts are something like 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks (coinciding with 6 weeks wonder week - when they learn new skill or emotion), 3 months (convincing with 12 weeks wonder week), 4 months, 6 months (wonder week here), 9 months and 12 months (wonder week here). So they will nurse more, sleep worse for a few days to a week, sometimes longer. And yes, poop more! Add also other wonder weeks and teething, comfort nursing, shots and colds

Quote Originally Posted by turtle12801 View Post
    Ok.... and breastfeeding mamas... is there like a growth spurt they go thru where they want to feed constantly? Like seriously. .. I'll finish, put him down and he wants to feed again within a half hour
    yes. its probably a growth spurt, and more eating means more pooping!