Thread: Update on Erin

Default Update on Erin

Just got back from seeing our regular doctor. He thinks Erin has developed a tic disorder, which is nothing serious and can be controlled with medication. He said she should still see a neurologist and have an MRI and perhaps an EEG to absolutely rule out a problem with the shunt since the first night she went to the ER, her symptoms did point to a possible problem there. These same tests would also give an answer as to the tic disorder. As for the abnormality in the EKG, he said he didn't see anything alarming there, although there are a few blips, so she could certainly have it checked out by a cardiologist, but nothing she needs to do like immediately.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Blog Entries

Hopefully they figure this out soon!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Hopefully they will have a more clear answer.
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBabe View Post
    He thinks Erin has developed a tic disorder, which is nothing serious and can be controlled with medication.
    sorry to say it but i think that this dr sounds like a pill pusher thats paid by a drug company... i don't think its the answer and would be seeking a better answer.

my neighbor was on numerous medications and was having regular seizures, went to a dr in Chicago and he questioned why she was on so many pills and eliminated almost all of them. my neighbor said hr dr here kept claiming it was another disorder and prescribed another med for each issue when it was all side effects from the different pills.....

so i would not take "its another disorder" for an answer. don't give up on it, keep pressing for answers!

glad that its possibly nothing serious though, i will keep you in my thoughts till you have an answer

He is actually a terrific doctor and does not push medication when other things will help, like physical therapy. We've been going to him since Laura was born, so for 27 years.

I hope it is just a tic. Keep us posted about how it goes with the neurologist.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I hope it is just a tic. Keep us posted about how it goes with the neurologist.
    I will. She has an appointment on the 18th.

Thanks for the update! Let us know how her appointment goes! She's still in my prayers!
    Jennifer

So, Erin talked to DH's cousin who is a nurse and told her everything that's been happening. She seems to think that Erin is having seizures. Erin has changed her appointment with the neurologist from the 18th to tomorrow.

KUP...hope the real cause can be figured out soon.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Blog Entries

Hopefully he'll get her in for an EEG right away.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

Erin went to the neurologist today. He THINKS she's having focal seizures (partial seizures). He's scheduled her for a 24- to 48-hour EEG.

Blog Entries

I'm glad that he is taking this all very seriously. Hopefully you'll have some answers very soon.

I'm glad she got in today.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

good glad shes getting tested for a diagnosis better than 'its just ticks'!

I'm glad she got in to the doctor today, and I hope he can find an answer for her soon. Still praying!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBabe View Post
    Erin went to the neurologist today. He THINKS she's having focal seizures (partial seizures). He's scheduled her for a 24- to 48-hour EEG.
    That makes much more sense than "just ticks". Hoping you all will have a solution.
    *** Lindsay ***

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

So glad they're doing an EEG. My first thought with the first ER trip was seizure...and I'm not a doctor. I'm really surprised they didn't go there, then!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter