Thread: Cramping at 28 weeks....question

Default Cramping at 28 weeks....question

Im just about 28 weeks, tonight after having a small dinner, I noticed alot of cramping. It doesnt hurt just uncomfortable, id say it falls into af cramps. Is this braxton hicks contractions? How long do they last? I dont remember this with my dd. Should i call the dr? Do i go to l&d?

I had that just last week, I called my OB...who suggested I go in to be checked out...they called it uterine irritability...monitored me for three hours, made sure I wasn't in premature labor...and sent me home telling me to take it easy for a bit... I have not had any issues since, but I when I had it...I probably had some sort of a stomach bug...
    I would go get checked out myself...but that is just me.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Thanks for replying! If you dont mind me asking did your cramping go away when you stood up? I have my babysitter on alert. And the doctor has been paged. Seems when i stand up the cramping subsidies, hoping babies just moved around

I don't remember if it stopped then or not, but mine started the night before, thinking it would go away, I rested, went to bed, then the next morning, still wasn't feeling right, got very sick, couldn't keep anything down...so called the OB...who told me to go in. Hope all works out for you. Keep us posted!
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

This is about the time I get off and on BH cramping until baby is drlivered. It usually goes away within the hour and not accompanied by any other symptom like bleeding. If you try to drink water, lay down and rest and other measures and the cramping doesnt stop..and they are lasting longer then an hour or so then I would call or go in to be seen.

Thanks pants. I did chat with the doctor last night and he suggested feet up, cup of tea and relaxation. I feel so much better today. Aside from some kicks to the lungs. Im glad these two seems very comfortable in there.

praying those babies keep cookin' !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels