Thread: Mommy on autopilot

Default Mommy on autopilot

Hi, I'm V and I am on autopilot - sleepwalking it seems. Day before mini-man who just turned 6 weeks slept poorly. So I was finally up at 5 am. I dove to deep sleep shortly after 8.30pm when he finally settled for the night. Woke up at 10.30pm to feed and change him and found my 2 year old still going from bedroom to bedroom so sent her off to daddy and big sister who were still also up and dove back to sleep. I woke up at around 2.30 as my arm felt wet, turned...and found mini-man sleeping next to me!!!!
    So naturally I thought he fussed I didn't hear and dh put him in bed next to me. But apparently not - dh fell asleep in girls room!
    And I thought I've seen it all with sleepless nights and 3 kids after!

I think the first couple of months most moms feel that way. I sure after both children.
    *** Lindsay ***

:Hugs:

awww at least mini-man didn't have to wait for you to wake up! way to go auto pilot!
    and way to go mini man for getting what you need and falling asleep without waking mommy!

True!
    However we have decided he must be secretly walking when we can't see.

Lol! (On the walking part)

On #3 I felt like it took me so long, probably 6 months to get back into the grove.... Bed times, food schedules, housework, etc. autopilot sounds great, I'm more like a zombie, lol. Bed sharing really helped me catch extra zzzzzzs but that is my preference and I know that doesn't work for everyone!
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks