Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG Ladies, PLEASE calm me down so I don't cry in front of the kids

Default OMG Ladies, PLEASE calm me down so I don't cry in front of the kids

Erin's friend and co-worker just called. Erin went to work tonight and Angela just called and said Erin started twitching uncontrollably and the store manager is on the phone with 911 right now. I am scared to death, ladies. I told them to try to get the ambulance to take her to Fairfax because of what happened last night and I'm waiting for her to call me back and tell me which hospital they're going to for sure and then DH will go over there.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Blog Entries

Oh, no! Praying.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

That's terrifying, Lynne. Hopefully, it is something minor and treatable.

I just talked to Angela again and they're refusing to take her to Fairfax Hospital. They said it's not a medical emergency enough to warrant going to Fairfax, that they're taking her to Loudoun and if they deem it necessary there, they'll transfer her to Fairfax like they did last night. She said that at the moment, they are still stabilizing her in the ambulance in the parking lot and have not left for the hospital yet. DH just left to meet them there.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Prayers of peace and patience for you and safety for Erin! Hopefully having done a lot of testing last night will allow them to rule some stuff out faster and get to the bottom of things ASAP!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Omg. It sounds like her coworkers reacted quickly. Please, keep us posted. Where is dh?

DH is on his way to the hospital.

Lynne Thinking of you and Erin
    *** Lindsay ***

take a deep breath, now take another one, she is in good hands on her way to the hospital and when she gets there. they know how to help her get thru this. they will figure out whats going on and figure out a way to fix it.

Big hugs.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hoping you get a call with good news!

Got a text from DH. Once again all the tests came back normal. They did an MRI this time. They're right now waiting for the doctor.

This is terrifying.

Yes, it is, Gwenn.

Blog Entries

Could it be the new medication? I'd be tempted to stop it just to see if things improve. I really hope that they figure this out very soon.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Have they done an EEG to rule out seizure activity?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last night DH said they did an EKG, but I wonder if he really meant EEG, since they were concerned about her shunt and/or possible stroke. He just texted me and said they are waiting to get ativan to stop the twitching that has already stopped on its own.

HUGs Momma.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

That all sounds super scary and I would be so angry at the doctors. It seems like they are totally blowing off Erin.
    *** Lindsay ***

No, he really did mean EKG. They did one last night and another one tonight. After they came home, one of the doctors called Erin and said that there is something "off" in the EKG from last night to tonight, something about the blood flow to/from her heart is not normal, and suggested that she see a cardiologist. And they did NOT do an MRI tonight because Erin couldn't be still because of the twitching. So she has to go have one done.
    Last edited by LanceBabe; 08-09-2014 at 07:11 PM.

As scary as that sounds, I'm relieved they found something to at least investigate. Poor Erin, and poor you. We're all thinking of you.

I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine how scared you must be. And poor Erin
    are they sending her home?

I'm so sorry Lynne! Lots of hugs and prayers! Please keep us updated!
    Jennifer

Huge hugs. Hope they figure out what is wrong and she gets proper help for it! !!

Just a random thought. Has she been tested for Lyme disease or other tick borne illnesses? Several have neurological symptoms.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm so sad to hear what she is going through. I hope whatever it is gets resolved quickly and you both get some peace of mind soon.

Goodness! I'm sorry she's going through this I pray they find a cause and a solution asap!

Prayer for her.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Just a random thought. Has she been tested for Lyme disease or other tick borne illnesses? Several have neurological symptoms.
    I know they did blood work Thursday night, but I don't know what all they may have tested for. Jessica, it's not the new medication because she hadn't even taken it yet. She had just picked it up from the pharmacy yesterday before all this happened, but she hadn't actually taken it yet.