Thread: Kohls

Default Kohls

I'm going to shop at Kohls more often! Erin did some back-to-school clothes shopping for Katie and Nathan last weekend (tax-free weekend in Virginia) and I went with her. She had planned on spending about $200 between the two kids, but right before we went, she discovered that Katie's dad had paid a court-ordered purge amount of $500 on his child support arrears that had been deposited to her child support account (she has debit card that it goes to). So anyway, between the awesome sale that Kohls was having, plus a 20% friends and family coupon that was issued for that weekend only, she saved over 50% altogether. Everything she bought, without the sale and 20% friends and family discount, would have been $772. She ended up only paying $321. PLUS she got $60 in Kohls cash that she can go back and spend between now and the 13th.

On the other hand, I suppose we could have gone to Wal-Mart and gotten the same amount of items for much less, BUT I don't think the quality would be as good.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

My mom shops there and does REALLY well. She has a Kohls charge and gets 30% off and usually will take the girls and do some back to school shopping The only thing is I am not a huge fan of the style there. It's kind of babyish for older kids. My oldest likes very plan clothes (like her mom lol!) and I prefer the Old Navy style for her. DD2 is VERY girly and flashy and I think she will do better in Kohls than Old Navy. Anyway, good for you guys! The quality of the clothes doesn't compare to Walmart....
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I make a couple of trips a year, once for winter clearance, and once for summer clearance, to Potomac Mills. I usually score excellent deals there, especially Crazy 8/Gymboree and TCP (where everything was 40-80% off, and I used a 20% off coupon on top of that). I buy for the following year, and rarely pay more than $5.00 per item, often more like $3.99.

Oh wow, Suja, we didn't do THAT well. Of course, Erin did most of the shopping and I more or less took care of whichever kid she was NOT shopping for/with at the moment. I would have liked to have been more involved in the choosing of items. Not that there's anything wrong with what they picked out, I just would have enjoyed being more involved with that part of it.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Thats awesome! I miss Kohls, we don't have them here.
    Jennifer