Thread: Doctor appointments

Default Doctor appointments

Do any of you guys have your first doctor appt? I have a nurse appointment on Thursday but they just go over where I would deliver, what to eat and what not to eat etc. I don't think I will see the doctor until closer to 8 weeks although I will request for a sooner appointment as I remember seeing my high risk doctor early on so I need to get all that lined up. How's everyone doing so far?

I don't have a doctor's appointment and mainly because I haven't decided where I want to pursue prenatal care yet. I work in a pregnancy center where we provide ultrasounds so my coworker will do our first ultrasound on Saturday August 16th. I believe I'll be 7 weeks along then. The following week I plan to schedule an appointment. I'm feeling pretty good though. I've definitely been more tired than normal but thankfully I'm able to go to bed earlier and take naps on the weekend. With this being my first pregnancy I am surprised at how nervous I feel for my little one! I know that's probably normal but I've really had to control my thoughts so I don't get anxious. I can hardly wait to see that little heartbeat! 10 more days

I just made my appointment. They won't see me until I am 8 weeks.

I feel kinda bad though. I have an appt on sept 4th with my current OB and an appt on sept 5th with a new OB my friend recommends. I am not 100% happy with my current. I feel like I am being disloyal, lol.

I am really early but I will go weekly for ultrasounds starting at 6 weeks. (if my betas are good)
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    Make a pregnancy ticker

My first appointment is actually one that I've had scheduled for a pap. It's August 28th. I have my favorite midwife. I will just be 6 weeks and I can't decide if I should ask for an ultrasound in the office that day or wait until things would be more conclusive. Hubby says wait for sure.

I say ultrasound!!!! sometimes you can see a heartbeat at 6 weeks!! With my son at 6 weeks 4 days we saw a heart beat of 110
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I had my first appt. at the birthing center yesterday. It was so beautiful there and I'm so excited! I won't meet with a midwife for a more clinical appt. until I'm 12 weeks which is scheduled for September 19th. They only offer one ultrasound at 20 weeks but that's okay since I have unlimited access to scanning at work

Yul how are you doing? Have you seen your doctor yet? You're almost 8 weeks right?

Yes, I am 7 weeks and will be 8 weeks next week when I will finally see a doctor and get the ultrasound. I am doing great if you don't count being a touch nauseous every day. Nothing sounds appealing to eat but I get super nauseous if I get hungry. The only things I want to eat are rice pudding and vinegar chips. And I had to have eggplant parm last night and I never eat any of the above! Ever! I have never had cravings with three of my previous pregnancies so this is completely new to me! Craziness! Thanks for asking about me so glad you were able to see your little bean last week!!

Would you guys reschedule a pap smear? I will be 5w5d at my appointment next Thursday and anything happening up in there makes me nervous.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

I just called and they rescheduled my appointment to Sept 12th. I'll be 8 weeks then. I think that's better because I was nervous about having a pap done so early on, with my history.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Quote Originally Posted by haydensmom View Post
    I just called and they rescheduled my appointment to Sept 12th. I'll be 8 weeks then. I think that's better because I was nervous about having a pap done so early on, with my history.
    Yes! I definitely wouldn't want a PAP done too early. Now we wait....

They've moved paps to every 3 years if you've been having normal ones over a certain period of time. You might not even need to have one at all.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I am supposed to have a pap next week when I am 8 weeks. My doctor said it was optional last year since my recent ones were normal so we will see what he says then.

By the way, my practice always does a pap at the first appointment.

My doc always do a pap at the first appt but I'm sure he will not if I ask him to wait. Just like Jess, I'm too scared to get one this early. I will be calling in the morning to schedule one hopefully they will be able to see me this week even if it is just for blood work.
    Marsha

[/url]