Thread: Polyhydramnios and baby appointment

Default Polyhydramnios and baby appointment

Well, I had an ultrasound today (31w5d) to determine how big baby was since I'm measuring ahead. He's measuring at 4lbs, right around 50th percentile, could be off a few ounces one way or another but still within a pretty normal range. He's SUPER cute too, looks just like his siblings.

Apparently I have high fluid levels though, at little 'too high', but not to the point to cause alarm just yet. Going to get another fluid measurement on the 20th just to make sure the levels aren't rising. It explains why I've been beyond uncomfortable though! But of course there are risks that can be associated with the high fluid levels so we have to keep an eye on it, but so far everything is great. Baby moved the ENTIRE time they were measuring him, which made it a bit of a challenge, lol! It was really cool to see though he was definitely wiggly.

Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

You got some fantastic pictures!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Popping in...I had the same issue with my daughter. The dr did weekly u/s to monitor. My fluid levels measured from 42 cm to 32 cm depending on the day. I think anything over 25 cm was high. Just wanted to let you know all was well with her and me. Good luck.

Kristy (32), Kirk (39), Jodi (4), Joey (16 months) and our dogs, Oreo and Wiggles

That pic is just amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry about the polyhydramnios, but super glad your measurements aren't because of a humongous baby .

Praying your levels stabilize and you have a perfect vbac (so super excited for you about that) !!

I seriously cannot believe you are almost in your 8th month ...58 days to go, wowsa !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Hope everything is well! And oh goodness that is one cute picture of your precious one!

That is one cute baby
    ..I don't know much about the fluid..why would it be bad to have extra fluid? Or is it more that it could be a sign of a bigger issue...

Cheering for a healthy pregnancy and delivery..

WOW, an ear picture! I will have to google what the side effects of too much fluids are. I've never heard of that. But happy they will be monitoring you closely!!

Thanks for all the replies ladies!

Having extra fluid can cause PROM (premature rupture of membranes), preterm labor, and with extra fluid, the umbilical cord can sort of float around more, and if the umbilical cord comes out first when the water breaks it can be serious for the baby. The chances aren't HUGE but it's something they have to monitor. With my history of babies coming way after their due dates, I'm not too worried. As long as he waits until september! lol
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Well that makes sense! Almost like overfilling a water balloon. Well I hope you have no issues because of it. I understand what you mean about your babies being super late. Sometimes I might be a little bit over confident about these twins because of how late DD was.

Happy 32wks!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Got it. Yes cord prolapse could be an issue I see if baby is floating, not engaged, and water breaks early. But it sounds like just a wait see thing for now. Happy 32 weeks and praying for everything to work out perfect..