Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there of "Advanced Maternal Age"?

Default Anyone out there of "Advanced Maternal Age"?

Hi . Just wondering if any of you out there TTCing are of advanced maternal age. I have a soon to be 6yr old daughter and my DH and I have decided to try for another. I'm 39 and anxious, but hopeful it's not too late for me to become pregnant. Any words of wisdom or reassurance would be very welcome!

Hello. I'm 41 and also trying. I have a 3 year old son from IVF and we are hoping to have another child. It's hard to keep positive the older you get, but you're 2 years younger than me, so that's a good thing. My RE says I still have hope and is encouraging me to give it another try. And my BFF just got pregnant naturally and she is the same age as me. I know reducing stress, follicle acid, acupuncture, reducing caffeine are all things my RE recommends. Good luck to us both!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Yay! That's just what I needed! ***quitting coffee asap!*** ;)
    Thank you HighHopesMama and best of luck to you too!!

Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

A friend of mine was 45 when she had her daughter. With medicine the way it is nowadays, I don't think AMA has any real issue other than as we get older, the chance of Down's syndrome and other birth abnormalities starts to creep up. Just be aware and informed. I'm 36 and I guess I'm considered to be of AMA now too. !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cakes7 View Post
    Yay! That's just what I needed! ***quitting coffee asap!*** ;)
    Thank you HighHopesMama and best of luck to you too!!
    Thanks! Hoping we're soon!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpeejays View Post
    A friend of mine was 45 when she had her daughter. With medicine the way it is nowadays, I don't think AMA has any real issue other than as we get older, the chance of Down's syndrome and other birth abnormalities starts to creep up. Just be aware and informed. I'm 36 and I guess I'm considered to be of AMA now too. !!!!
    I love hearing stories like this. I don't know anyone my age who is trying to have a baby, so it is encouraging to hear other women who have gotten pregnant. Abnormalities are a concern, which is why I see a peri so ewe can be aware of what is happening every step of the way.

Agreed! These stories are very encouraging to hear!

....I think it's just being reminded constantly of my AMA that gets me.... I don't feel 39, for pete's sake! Hopefully my eggs don't either!

I feel the same way! My RE is great about being honest, but not too harsh, lol, which means the world to me. Luckily, at least when I am in her office, I feel right along par in age with all the other ladies there. I'm calling her today to see if I need to do any additional prep for IVF next month. I can't believe it's happening already.

Me! I'm 40. I had my DD at 36, almost 37, so I was AMA for her too. Got a new OB after my last m/c, and I'm hoping, despite the odds, that I'll be able to have a healthy pregnancy again soon.
    Last edited by Aelith; 08-04-2014 at 09:59 AM.

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14

I'm not TTC, but I was 39 when I had DD. I know that one of the other moms in DD's class had her son at that age, as well. A friend of mine had her son at 40, and her second, at 43. Lots of us older moms out there now.

Thanks for sharing! It's so encouraging to hear that there are other 'mature' ladies out there still trying or have had a baby. I feel a bit less pressure than before because we have our son, but I really want him to have a sibling so there is still some anxiety. It's giving me a lot of opportunities to practice my deep breathing.

I'm 36 about to turn 37 when I have DD2. We struggled for the first pregnancy but this one we tried and I was pregnant in 3 months! I think as we get older our eggs start to drop more frequently (thus the increased risk of multiples with AMA) so if you're hitting that window it might be really easy to get pregnant, actually!

Best of luck! There are a lot more of us "older" moms out there these days, so you will be in great company.

You ladies rock! So glad to know I'm in such great company!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Me! I'm 40. I had my DD at 36, almost 37, so I was AMA for her too. Got a new OB after my last m/c, and I'm hoping, despite the odds, that I'll be able to have a healthy pregnancy again soon.
    You got this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    I'm 36 about to turn 37 when I have DD2. We struggled for the first pregnancy but this one we tried and I was pregnant in 3 months! I think as we get older our eggs start to drop more frequently (thus the increased risk of multiples with AMA) so if you're hitting that window it might be really easy to get pregnant, actually!

Best of luck! There are a lot more of us "older" moms out there these days, so you will be in great company.
    I like the way you think! Although, even the idea of being pregnant with multiples will probably give poor DH a heart attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I'm not TTC, but I was 39 when I had DD. I know that one of the other moms in DD's class had her son at that age, as well. A friend of mine had her son at 40, and her second, at 43. Lots of us older moms out there now.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Thanks for sharing! It's so encouraging to hear that there are other 'mature' ladies out there still trying or have had a baby. I feel a bit less pressure than before because we have our son, but I really want him to have a sibling so there is still some anxiety. It's giving me a lot of opportunities to practice my deep breathing.
    I'm right there with you! We got really comfortable with our little family as is, but I wanted DD to have a sibling too. We can do this HHM!!!!

Elle-Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Cakes-I agree, we can do this! Fingers crossed for all of us trying to have a baby.

I didn't think about the multiples chance - twins run in both of our families so it'd be an even greater chance I hope. I'd definitely have to get tubal ligation if that happened!

I'm currently 36, back in TTC next cycle. I'll be 37at delivery if it works. I wanted to be done at 28 but didn't really start until 30. I really hope we are Not blessed with more multiples. I'm good in that area but wouldnog be surprised if we end up with twins.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Quote Originally Posted by As Is View Post
    I'm currently 36, back in TTC next cycle. I'll be 37at delivery if it works. I wanted to be done at 28 but didn't really start until 30. I really hope we are Not blessed with more multiples. I'm good in that area but wouldnog be surprised if we end up with twins.
    Wowza! Triplets?! AND a son! Good for you, As is, I am in awe!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpeejays View Post
    I didn't think about the multiples chance - twins run in both of our families so it'd be an even greater chance I hope. I'd definitely have to get tubal ligation if that happened!
    HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by As Is View Post
    Triplets! You sound like one busy mama! I bet it must be fun. Fingers crossed you get your bfp!!

Fun and exhausting! But, I wouldn't change it for the world.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

I will be 36 in 87 days lol. Just had my first almost 4 moths ago and we are ready to try again since it took 5 years last time. But I think we have got the formula to get pg down. First step for us is getting my cycle to return. Then it is charting, GMO free or organic foods only, low carbs, alkaline water, acupressure, fertility yoga. If we are still not pg my the time she is 8 months I will be starting met and clomid and weening her. It will be easy since she does take sub formula (organic and only 4 oz per day). met and clomid 100mg worked last time with all these other things so fx we get a speedy BFP this time. 3-4 children would be our perfect family size. So I hope we have time to realize this dream. If not I feel so blessed to have my one daughter. She is truly a blessing.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Sending Mariah!!

Good Luck Mariah! Hoping you're knocked up ASAP!