Thread: Interesting!

Default Interesting!

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/school-ditches-rules-and-loses-bullies-5807957?utm_content=buffer75a59&utm_medium=social& utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It does not surprise me one bit. It seems logical and natural. I can only hope that more schools implement that policy but I am sure that a lot of overprotective parents will wreck havoc and the rules about playground will remain unchanged. There is a lot of research showing that kids should play with little supervision at playgrounds but parents tend to hover and control and require that their caregivers do the same
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

The teachers were outside overseeing the situation at my elementary schools but, they were hovering if that makes sense. Physical activity is so important and I think the article above makes sense I do agree and hope more schools take note.
    *** Lindsay ***

Blog Entries

I also remember having lots of free play and not very many bullies growing up. If there were rules I don't recall them.

As we mentioned in the other thread about starting school too young, this really fits in. Kids that play and play hard behave and learn much better.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Very interesting! I would bet there were less behavior issues for sure. Arbitrary rules become power struggles between adults and children. I can imagine a much more harmonious environment! I love it.
    I will never forget when Savana moved from green to yellow for her behavior chart. The only time in her school career and she was devastated. It was for playing with a stick on the playground. Yeesh.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

That playground mentioned in Suja's last post is where my kids love to go, and where, since they turned 7 last week, I can drop them off for up to 3 hours for $10 each as long as I sign a form saying I understand they could get hurt. They went fishing off the pier yesterday (without me) with the adventure playground staff using bottles as bobbers and caught three crabs and a perch. The playground is awesome.