Thread: Does this make me a terrible grandma?

Default Does this make me a terrible grandma?

I really don't feel like cooking tonight. DH is out of town and Erin is working. I'm letting Katie and Nathan have fruit, cheese, cereal, and chocolate milk for dinner. Does that make me terrible? It's snack-type food, but at least it's HEALTHY snack food, right? Except for the cereal, anyway.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Far from a terrible grandma we have all been there!

Blog Entries

I think that we have all done something like that more than once.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

My kids have had similar meals from time to time. They will get their veggies tomorrow

No way Lynne!!! You do so much for your family bad and grandma wouldn't even be in the same sentence.
    *** Lindsay ***

Thank you, ladies. Lyndsay, you're sweet to say such things. Sometimes I DO feel like a lousy grandma because I can't get down on the floor to play with them and there's so much I can't do with them because of my arthritis. But they know I love them, and Nathan and I play with his little cars and trucks on my footstool all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBabe View Post
    Thank you, ladies. Lyndsay, you're sweet to say such things. Sometimes I DO feel like a lousy grandma because I can't get down on the floor to play with them and there's so much I can't do with them because of my arthritis. But they know I love them, and Nathan and I play with his little cars and trucks on my footstool all the time.
    Your welcome.
    *** Lindsay ***

I do that a lot, actually! If it's just me and the kids and they rarely have big appetites at night. It just makes no sense to cook a big meal they will only pick at.

My son lives on snacks LOL. I don't really care if it's considered a snack food or a meal food as long as it's relatively healthy.

I just did this earlier this week!
    Me (28), DH (33), DD (5), and DS (3).

We've all done that at some point, nothing wrong with it at all! You are totally so far from being a terrible grandma! You really are an awesome grandma, you do so much for those kids!
    Jennifer

My husband works rotating shifts so about 1 week a months he works 4 pm-12 am and is not home for dinner. No way am I cooking for just me and my 1 year old lol! Chicken nuggets and a smoothie for dinner for pretty much 4 days straight.

Thank you SO much, ladies. I don't usually cook elaborate meals when DH is out of town and Erin works, but I usually cook SOMETHING. I just really didn't feel like it last night.

been there done that... don't worry about it. one non traditional meal isn't going to hurt anybody.

Who said chocolate is not healthy? :-D

How's this? Last night we had popcorn with brewers yeast, avacado with soy sauce, granola and yogurt. Dinner

DH was home last night, and we still snacked and ate random stuff for dinner. It happens! As long as they are fed, that's what matters!