Thread: Work Vent....(long)

Default Work Vent....(long)

So...over the past few weeks, my work situation has been very stressful, and today I get to sit in with a meeting with my unit coordinator and my supervisor....and I have a feeling it isn't gonna be fun.
    Although I don't really know what it is about just yet, I have a feeling that it is gonna involve any or all of the following:
    1) I have to use the bathroom constantly....what do you expect....I am human.......... not to mention.....I am pregnant.
    2) I have difficulty getting to the files which are practically on the floor.....again what do you expect when I am 7 months pregnant......oh and now those files are no longer on the floor...they are where they were three weeks ago....
    3) I have to eat....again....what to you expect....I am human....and pregnant....oh...and I am 7 months pregnant and still am down 13 pounds when MOST pregnant people have gained at least that or more......
    4) I am easily irritated....mostly because every time I turn around....I get into "trouble" for something....OH! AND I AM PREGNANT...therefore HORMONAL!
    5) The rules keep changing constantly....therefore I really can't keep track of all the new rules...
    6) I keep getting directives from one person....then told to do something something else, or completely opposite by someone else (Two different unit coordinators)

OH....and before I go into work today... I had my OB fax a DOCTOR'S ODER for me to be able to:
    1) eat when I need to
    2) pee when I need to
    3) elevate when I need to

**You would think that I wouldn't have to do this......ESPECIALLY since I work at a HOSPITAL!!!**
    So...if I seem irritable....it's cause I am.....
    SORRY!
    Lizzy
    Last edited by elizabeth8503; 07-30-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

WOW! I hope your meeting goes better than expected. It sounds like these people are being completely unreasonable!!! Maybe they just want to talk about your maternity leave or when you think you'll be coming back, yada yada. Don't let them get the best of you! And update us with how it goes. :-/ Bunch of jerks!

I hope they lighten up for you.
    *** Lindsay ***

Good luck today!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Man it sounds like they are targeting you. They should know better. Maybe if they offered to help you out in some places things would go over smoothly. I only worked during my first pregnancy, and I got 'picked on' a lot. I wasn't fast enough, things weren't getting done, etc. They were getting done, just not in the time they used to. It was really hard. ):
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

I'm so sorry Lizzy ...really praying today's meeting goes better than expected!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Well I got to work...and the first thing I am told is that I need to go to employee health (in regards to my faxed doctor's okay for me to eat, pee, and elevate my feet)... so I do that, the employee health lady was nice, and I basically told her I am covering my arse in regards to the situation within my department. I told her I wasn't trying to get out of work, I just wanted to be able to eat and pee when I needed to, and the leg thing was in case I needed to in the future. She basically wrote down that I am allowed to have my 30 meal break (which is a law, even though in nursing you don't always get your break and you are supposed to be paid when you don't get it...but that doesn't happen much in my area)....so that part was taken care of

Basically my unit coordinator and my supervisor believed that I having a difficult time, and that I was overwhelmed.....My reply to that was that...no, I am not overwhelmed, I am frustrated with what is going on in our unit. I get threatened to get written up if my computer didn't work....I have no control over the process of fixing my computer. If I am able to fix it, I will....but it took forever for it to get fixed.

They said that I am no longer allowed to be "hormonal"....like I can control that....like I have any control on how emotional I am.... that isn't something I can just shut off, just like I can't shut off my feelings. I don't have an off/on switch on that.

Yes, I have a tendency of taking things personally, and I probably always will... but when I have weeks in a row were I am either threatened with a write up... or get in the middle of two unit coordinators who are telling me two completely different things, or I am told four different things by five different people, yeah I am gonna get frustrated...

I stated that I feel we receive too much negative comments and not enough positive ones, and my director kind of agreed with my statement. They also stated that I am allowed to go pee and eat when I need to, but I need to manage my time better....which I call BS to that. They claim that I don't know when I have a patient... which is partly true, mostly because I feel that our appointment book isn't being kept up to date, and even if the correct patients are in there, that doesn't mean that the patient will go to the specific person. Things change very quickly in our area. They feel that me not having my papers ready for exact millisecond the patient is ready is too long of a wait. Which, again, I call BS.... cause honestly, we see patients a lot quicker than any other doctor's office or emergency room or urgent care that I have ever been to.... but then again....what do I know....

On the plus side...no one has an issue with my work. No one has complained about my work ethic, no one has complained that I don't do my job. I was also told that if I choose to stay in my area, that I will probably take over some of the positions that our current people hold. Which I feel was a huge compliment, and although I don't necessarily want their positions, I like the fact that they feel I will be able to handle those positions. I was told that I make going to school while working full time look easy.. (not to mention all the other stuff I have gone through in my entire TTC/STC/pregnancy journey over the past three years).

So....some good....some not bad info....just really irritating that I had to go through all of this....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

glad to hear your meeting wasn't too bad- and they will listen to your Dr's recommendations too
    Last edited by Lizamay; 07-30-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

So irritating. I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

Lizzy, I totally feel you on how you are feeling about your job these days. I have been there, myself, a couple of different times in my career.

I want to suggest to you that you find and watch "The Secret." It really helped me overcome my negative feelings about work and really channel my good thoughts into a much better work environment. In the end, the only person we can truly change is ourselves. If you can hold onto a positive outlook, even in the face of horrible people and situations, then you will truly be amazed at the shift around you.

For me, I watched this DVD when I was ready to walk out on my job. Upon watching it I changed my thinking and had a series of positive work changes that eventually led me to my current position which is fantastic for me and I am making about 15k more than I was previously. I first watched it nearly 7 years ago and I'm still with the same company, just in a much better place/position.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Since the meeting, things seemed to have calmed down a bit, but who knows how long that will last. I am just hoping to get through the next three months with as little issues at possible....
    Wish me luck!