Thread: Elective 3d/4d Ultrasounds

Default Elective 3d/4d Ultrasounds

Who is going to do an elective 3d/4d ultrasound??

I am definitely going to do it, but I'm having a hard time committing to a date. The place I'm going to go has this neat calendar that let's you know the best times: http://prenatalpeek.com/ultrasoundcalendar/

I want to go this week, but at the same time I'm worried it's too early. LOL. Looks like we did it at 29 weeks with Simon and I was really happy with that time frame. Still it says I'm in the "best" time frame even now, so ... Choices!! Part of why I was going to do it this week was because Mom's birthday is on Saturday and the joke was that we were going to go for her birthday.

What would you ladies do?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I went with DD at 30 weeks and got wonderful plump photos of her. SO CUTE and looked exactly like her when she was born.

But I went at 18 weeks with the twins just to find out gender! Obviously the 4D pictures were terrible, babies were waaaaay too small. I think you are in the safe range for the plump look instead of the skinny skeleton look. I'm sure it would be great.

I would think 28-32wks would give super cute pics ! I had an u/s done at 32wks because I was having some bleeding and they briefly switched over to 3d...looked *exactly* like her when she was born!! I went in again at 36wks, lol, and it wasn't nearly as "fun", lol, she just looked squished and we couldn't really get a full face shot because she kept turning away from the "camera" .

I've never had an elective u/s and outside of a brief switch to 3d/4d during a regular u/s I've never had it done . I'd love to do it, but I'm going to forgo it this time too since I really think my placenta is going to be in the way and I don't want to pay all that $$ and not be able to get clear pics. They couldn't even get good pics at my anatomy scan with the 3d, and they have a hard time finding the hb with the doppler .

But I hope all of you ladies get them done because I looove the pics, lol, and will live vicariously through all of you !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I want to get one!!! I think around 32-34 weeks you can get some really good face ones!!! I'm getting a growth check (I'm measuring way bigger than I should be) on August 4th and I'll be almost 32 weeks, so I'm hoping we get some good sneak peeks!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

I got really good face shots of DS2 at 29 weeks.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Well, we went ahead and did the elective u/s this past Friday.

This one looks a little freaky, but it's kinda cool because his eye is open. I've never seen an open eye during an u/s.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Woah, those were large!!

The experience was a bit tainted because the tech was really ticked off that she couldn't get a full on face shot of Gideon. So I got ticked off, just by her negative energy, and then when I got home to compare shots ... they're pretty on par with what we were able to get with DS1 and DS2. Not sure what her deal was ... I wish she hadn't of had such an issue because it really sapped the joy from the experience when it was really a good session other than her attitude.

Anyway, Gideon wanted his hands in his face the WHOLE time and even kicked up his legs a couple of times. So cute! I wonder if he's going to be thumb sucker too since that's how Simon was, as well, during his 3d/4d u/s.

Time will tell. Just 11 more weeks!!

As far as size wise, I was happy with the timing and felt that he had enough chunk on his bones to make the u/s good.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Hes precious!!!!!

Thank you!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Oh my word those are just gorgeous !!!! He looks absolutely perfect !!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels