Thread: Anyone else have an IUD removed?

Blog Entries

Question Anyone else have an IUD removed?

Wasn't sure where to post this, but has anyone else had an IUD get removed to TTC? My period started 2 days after mine was removed and lasted for 7 days. It was average (for me) as far as the flow goes. The Dr. said that cycles returning vary from person to person, but I was just wondering what others have experienced. Before getting an IUD and even before and after children my cycle has always been really regular. Can I still expect that? I had a bit of pink 2 days ago and a little cramping. Just enough to notice. What can I say I am impatient and just trying to over-analyze everything.

I had mine out and got pg...lol!! never had a period, I have a friend who had hers out and started 29 days later....good luck!
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I had an IUD removed approx 3 years ago to start TTC my first. My cycles were regular starting the day after I had it taken out. I'm having my second IUD removed in another month to TTC my 2nd -- hopefully I have the same luck, the IUD has been in longer this time than my first.
    DD 05/14/2013

It took me 2-3 months to get my cycle back to normal. I had AF 3 days after the IUD was removed and then my cycles were super long for 2 cycles then they went back to normal.

Blog Entries

Thanks ladies!! I really appreciate the input!

I had mine removed, started AF two day later which lasted a week (normal for me). The doctor said to wait at least a month before trying which we did. I had a regular AF at 30 days past removal, again normal for me. We started really trying the following month and got pregnant right away.

Blog Entries

My Dr. told me it was okay to start trying right away. I was a little surprised by that

He did say that there are a lot if different opinions and he tends to have the more cautious one. He said not to sweat it if I did get pregnant within the first month because many women do and are just fine.