Thread: You gettin' ready to have that baby!!

Default You gettin' ready to have that baby!!

Got my first one of those comments, for this pregnancy, yesterday at the mall. People!!

Anyone else getting crazy comments?
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Bless your heart momma! I hate when those comments start it makes the end of pregnancy slow down and makes me mentally exhausted.

I get asked if im sure i only have two in there. Or the "oh no not twins your going to be busy"

Yeah, it was slightly annoying because she repeated it a couple of times.

I wish I could see people when you say "actually, I am having two!" ;)

People always have something to say, don't they? ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

They sure do. The best was when dd told an old lady her mommy was having 2 unicorns and she named them hag and rag.

Nothing in my experience and comments I got beats the old lady in a street market shouting to the whole world how big my belly was lol Best thing is ignore or have a good come back! Once a friend of mine who has a beer belly was making mean jokes about my growing belly, one of them was something like did you eat an elephant. I finally told him at least my excuse is pregnancy, what's yours? (He doesn't have any health issues accept drinking a lot of beer and not to watching what he eats). The jokes stopped :-p

Yeah, I usually try to laugh with the person ... 9 times out of 10 they think they are being SOOOO funny! ;)

I probably look like I'm struggling because I do have a big belly AND a limp because I need a hip replacement.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Yeah, I usually try to laugh with the person ... 9 times out of 10 they think they are being SOOOO funny! ;)

I probably look like I'm struggling because I do have a big belly AND a limp because I need a hip replacement.
    LOL, that's what always gets me...they think they're being so original and witty .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I've only gotten one rude comment from a man I don't even know at work. He asked when I was due, I told him Thanksgiving, he looked completely horrified and said "WOW, are you sure?". I then told him "Well, it's twins." And he sighed in relief saying "oh, Ok, I was gonna say..." Dude, go away, i don't even know you. Usually I start with the twins thing because its just easier....but the one time I didn't say that up front someone freaked out. lol I know I'm BIG ok??

I just try and go with the flow mostly though, the "Do twins run in your family?" question is sooooooo annoying at this point. I usually just smile and say No, they were quite the surprise. And I try to remember that people are just super curious and hey if they are interested, I will talk about it with them. Even if I have to hear about their brother's sister in law's cousin who had twins twice. lol

Funny, Rachel! ;)

I imagine people are very nosey about the twins, especially with the advent of fertility drugs.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Rachel that is too funny, I can imagine all the questions you get! I will say I have always been fascinated by twins and just think its the neatest thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    I've only gotten one rude comment from a man I don't even know at work. He asked when I was due, I told him Thanksgiving, he looked completely horrified and said "WOW, are you sure?". I then told him "Well, it's twins." And he sighed in relief saying "oh, Ok, I was gonna say..." Dude, go away, i don't even know you. Usually I start with the twins thing because its just easier....but the one time I didn't say that up front someone freaked out. lol I know I'm BIG ok??

I just try and go with the flow mostly though, the "Do twins run in your family?" question is sooooooo annoying at this point. I usually just smile and say No, they were quite the surprise. And I try to remember that people are just super curious and hey if they are interested, I will talk about it with them. Even if I have to hear about their brother's sister in law's cousin who had twins twice. lol
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

I usually got the opposite comment, like "how many more months?" Me: "Two weeks", them: "are you sure?" well, yes I was sure I never expected so many comments about pregnancy. In Switzerland we are very reserved/cautious. No one would ever comment a belly of a stranger, never ever.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Yeah, there's a lot to be said for a reserved culture. ;)
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I get a lot of "Oh, you must be having twins!!"

Nope. Just fat. Move along before I eat you for dinner. LOL
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post

OMG people are so rude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaToe88 View Post

Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I got one yesterday. From our waitress when my mom and I were out to dinner, no less:

"Woah. Look at you. You getting ready to pop?" "Due in October," I say. "Woah, twins?!" "Nope, just the one." "First or second baby?" "Second." "OH THATS why then, whew!"

And to think, we still tipped her so nicely after all that,

Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    I got one yesterday. From our waitress when my mom and I were out to dinner, no less:

"Woah. Look at you. You getting ready to pop?" "Due in October," I say. "Woah, twins?!" "Nope, just the one." "First or second baby?" "Second." "OH THATS why then, whew!"

And to think, we still tipped her so nicely after all that,
    Oh sheesh...as if you even look close to due let alone with twins !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Can't fix stupid.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Oh boy, so my younger sister's Bridal Shower was yesterday. It turned out beautifully and I was able to Host without too much trouble or pain. The Groom's family (bunch of country folk), about 15 people whom I have never met....OMG the comments. I could go on and on about it but I will list a few of my favorite comments of the day.

"I hope you've got a man at home to help you with those babies."
    "Better you than me!" 5 different people said this...
    "Are you gonna push them things out or are they gonna cut em out?"
    "You better sit down or we might have to get a mop and bucket."

That's just a nice little handful of what I had to deal with yesterday. Luckily, after this wedding is over I won't ever see these stupid people again! My Brother in Law is a nice normal person, I'm glad the apple fell far from the tree.....

I'm really glad that you clarified that your BIL is a nice, normal person. People never cease to amaze me.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by RedDonahue View Post
    Oh boy, so my younger sister's Bridal Shower was yesterday. It turned out beautifully and I was able to Host without too much trouble or pain. The Groom's family (bunch of country folk), about 15 people whom I have never met....OMG the comments. I could go on and on about it but I will list a few of my favorite comments of the day.

"I hope you've got a man at home to help you with those babies."
    "Better you than me!" 5 different people said this...
    "Are you gonna push them things out or are they gonna cut em out?"
    "You better sit down or we might have to get a mop and bucket."

That's just a nice little handful of what I had to deal with yesterday. Luckily, after this wedding is over I won't ever see these stupid people again! My Brother in Law is a nice normal person, I'm glad the apple fell far from the tree.....
    Oh. My. Word. That is too funny. It sounds like you can giggle a bit at these crazy people and that's really the only way to get through it, isn't it?

oh my word. Those comments are crazy!!! I mean if that's what comes out of their mouth I wonder what they are REALLY thinking....So glad we have this room to vent this stuff and get encouragement. I swear people can be so thoughtless.

Brenda