Thread: Free breastpump from insurance?

Default Free breastpump from insurance?

I'm calling my insurance co. tomorrow to see what I need to do to get one . Anyone else get theirs yet? What was the process? Which pump did you get?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Stalking... I need to get this process started, too, especially if I get this job!

I got mine! I called my insurance first to see if I qualified about a month ago. I have blue Cross Blue Shield. They gave me a 1-800 number to call, I had to give them my insurance info and address and within 5 minutes I was off the phone. They told me to expect it within 14 days and I got it in 4. I got this one http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com

Double breastpump with 90 freezer bags. They said I qualify for one breast pump per calendar year which is nice in case something happens to the first one I can get a new one. And I can call every 2 months for storage bags. Crazy! Curious to see what brands other insurance companies offer.

I haven't gotten mine yet, I'm not sure how to go about it! I'm guessing I'll have to call my insurance and see which ones are available and decide from there. I have BCBS through hubby's work. Definitely need to get on that though!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Mine doesn't offer that..boo but then again I haven't paid a cent for this birth and my premiums are low so I guess it washes out. I think you call your insurance first. But you have to order their aporoved brand and it comes just before baby is here.

It definitely varies by insurance company. I would ask specifically about pumps and don't let the rep go on about durable medical equipment suppliers. I had the worst time getting mine because I went to/called several DMEs and none of them could help me. Eventually I called back and got the right info. The company I used (EdgePark--highly recommend if they're on your list) was super easy, I filled out an online form, they called my doctor for a script and it was mailed to me all in less than a week. Awesome. I got a Medela PISA with some accessories.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!