Thread: Static Cling Usable Sticker Scenes

Blog Entries

Default Static Cling Usable Sticker Scenes

Do any of your children have one of these sets? We now have three and they drive me bonkers. There are 200+ various sized reusable static cling "stickers" for each one and I find them all over my house. My kids love to play with them and hate to clean them up (so do I). Does anyone have any tricks for keeping all those stickers organized and easy to put away? Even though they are great for creative play I am ready to toss them all...and they just got two new sets this summer while we were on vacation (we purposely left them at Grandma and Papa's house and they magically came home with us).

This type of set is what I am talking about.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

put them away once and only let them out for special occasions

DD has a couple that she has gotten as gifts. So far hers have stayed together pretty well - she makes a scene and then doesn't want to redo it. But I am sure that will change! Could you keep a huge Ziploc baggy with the sticker books to put them in? Or a pencil case or tupperware or something? Maybe smaller baggies for the different pages if your kids don't want to mix them up?

I will admit that the few I have found I have thrown away and DD hasn't noticed anything missing, but it has only been maybe 5 stickers tops that I have tossed...

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Blog Entries

I have recently taken all three away for later. The static clings are listed as choking hazards and I am pulling them out of DS2's mouth all day long.

The scenes will not fit in ziploc bag - they are too large. I did just see that you can pull off the outline of the stickers from the sticker pages. That would certainly make it easier to stick all the pieces off the scenes. My kids generally like to clean up the scenes once they are done.

I do think that I am going to limit the availability of these sets. My DH's family does get the kids neat toys but nearly every single one has been a headache in regard to storing it, cleaning it up and just the immense amount of noise the toys make.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Josh has had a couple over the years but isn't really into them. I loved them as a kid though!

Blog Entries

My kids love them, too, else these would be in the trash. Ugh.
    My blog about MCAD

We have one and I bring it out on occasion and have the kids decorate the sliding glass door with it. It is contained to one area that way and when they are finished (usually a few days later) we just all pitch in and take them down and put them back on the cling "paper" it came on. (Not in any particular order, etc)