Thread: i don't know what to think

Hybrid View

Default i don't know what to think

OK....I went to the ER today because I have been extremely stressed. With stopping the Wellbutrin and pregnancy hormones, I just wanted reassurance. They drew blood for my levels and they were 5,085. Then they did an ultrasound and I measured 5 weeks 1 day and there was no fetal pole or heartbeat. Now I'm even more worried. My LMP was 6/7, so by that I should be 6w2d. *sigh* I have a follow up on Wednesday. I'm not cramping or bleeding. Just stressed and now extremely worried.
    DH (36), Lee (32), Layann (10), Noelle-Harrison (8), Safiyah (4), Stella (1)
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

I'm sorry you are so stressed. Maybe you ovulated and implanted later than you thought. Also,I've heard of old u/s machines measuring off. I know 5 weeks is to soon to see much. Not spotting or cramping is a good sign tho. You'll be in my thoughts.

ER is notorious for not having good u/s equipment...praying for better news on Wednesday!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    ER is notorious for not having good u/s equipment...praying for better news on Wednesday!
    Agree with this FOR SURE!!! I've never seen a heartbeat at 5 weeks and the measurements they give me from the u/s are always off from what I think they should be and that's based on temping and OPKs.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Lots of sticky vibes being sent your way and prayers for better news on Wednesday!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Oh I'm so sorry things are so stressful and that you had this discouragement today.
    I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I know that their equipment can be off. I know the feeling of being less along than you thought! But hopefully it's not more than just a few days...which wouldn't be a really big deal if so. Also the u/s tech had a hard time trying to get decent pics of my little one because he/she is still so so small...and I'm at 7 weeks....so it doesn't surprise me that they couldn't get a fetal pole and heart beat that early on you, especially if you are indeed 5weeks. Hopefully in another week or so you can go for another u/s and you'll find something! Hang in there!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

I went to my ob yesterday. He did a sono and said the sac measured 5w2d. On Monday it was 5w1d. They drew my levels and I should get those back this week. I'm beginning to get discouraged again. My cycles are usually 32-34 days and when I tested on cd32 it was negative. It is likely that I just ovulated late. I was sick to my stomach yesterday and the day before. I see my doc again in 2 weeks and he said he needs to see a heartbeat then.
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

Lots of hugs and sticky vibes your way Lee! I will be praying for you and your little bean!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

I think there's room for misinterpretation on those sonogram measurements. Truly.

I would try not to focus on the discrepancy ESPECIALLY because the measurements were done by two different people on two different pieces of equipment.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Thanks. The hardest part is just waiting....
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

Agreed, 100%. The first trimester pretty much sucks for every reason you can think of, but the waiting is at the top of the list.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

do you think everything is fine?
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

I believe all signs point to everything being fine. 5w2d is early for a heartbeat to be heard or detected via u/s.

http://www.newhealthguide.org/When-D...Heartbeat.html

From my understanding you were not temping or doing OPKs, so you really don't know when you ovulated. For this pregnancy I ovulated on CD26! Using the LMP is not an exact science by any means. Take my current pregnancy, for example, going off of LMP date my due date would be 10/12, but based off of u/s at 7 weeks my due date is 10/21. So a NINE day difference!! That's pretty significant.

I feel certain there will be a heartbeat when you go back in two weeks.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I believe all signs point to everything being fine. 5w2d is early for a heartbeat to be heard or detected via u/s.

http://www.newhealthguide.org/When-D...Heartbeat.html

From my understanding you were not temping or doing OPKs, so you really don't know when you ovulated. For this pregnancy I ovulated on CD26! Using the LMP is not an exact science by any means. Take my current pregnancy, for example, going off of LMP date my due date would be 10/12, but based off of u/s at 7 weeks my due date is 10/21. So a NINE day difference!! That's pretty significant.

I feel certain there will be a heartbeat when you go back in two weeks.
    I agree, I think in two weeks you will see more!!

2/28/13

Quote Originally Posted by CBROWN View Post
    I agree, I think in two weeks you will see more!!
    Thanks, Carrie!!!
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

Thank you for putting my mind at ease a little.
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Lee16 View Post
    Thank you for putting my mind at ease a little.
    No problem. That's what we're here for!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

my hcg levels went up to 8226
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

Great news! Sticky vibes!!!