Thread: Lost our paperwork!

Angry Lost our paperwork!

Seriously annoyed with the state right now! First they lost our fingerprint cards and first questionnaire before our classes. Re-did all of that and did our classes about 2 months ago and turned in the application and NOW THEY HAVE LOST ALL OUR PAPERWORK AGAIN! I'm so mad! They were supposed to be 'rushing' things to consider us for a sibling group that is available and now they can't find our stuff. How on earth do you do that?! I mean social security cards, drivers licenses, marriage certificate, birth certificates, bank statements, ALL VERY PERSONAL INFORMATION! They say they need families and that they don't understand why more people don't adopt thru the state HELLO THIS IS WHY! Not to mention getting a phone call or email returned practically takes an act of congress.

Sorry for the rant its just so frustrating to me and all they can say is 'resend it please'
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

Stepping in for some hugs No experience or advice. How frustrating!!!

So frustrating is right! I really hope you can get it all straightened out very soon!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Thanks y'all! I had my mini meltdown this morning but I think I'll hand deliver a new set of paperwork to them on Thursday when I go in. .
    STC #1 for 5years
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

Ugh, that is soooo frustrating !!!!!

Really praying this is the last time they lose anything, eesh, and hoping everything goes smoothly from now on !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I so understand your frustration. Our state did the same.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Thanks y'all! I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly from here!
    STC #1 for 5years

we are going through certification for foster parenting now, which is the same for state adoption where we are, so there are both foster and adopt in our classes. I was a little surprised at how the trainer seems to treat the adoption people like they are slightly less important. She said something like, Fostering is a way to carefor the communities children adoption is a way to grow your family. It takes about 2-4m to get your home study done for foster care, and 4-6m for adoption.

Which makes absolutely no sense when they are always talking about how there are so many children in foster care waiting for permanent families. Not to mention adoption frees up a bed in a foster home. I have friends who have adopted their foster children and the state doesnt move any faster with that either.

I think the biggest problem is that there just aren't enough people to get the job done. And i think that just reflects our societies overall lack of concern for children

I hope your experience gets better from here!