Thread: Trip from H E double hockey sticks

Default Trip from H E double hockey sticks

Well we are in Aruba for our first family vacation as the three of us. DS was a complete angel on the flight down and transfer to the hotel, etc. totally abnormal for him as he's usually very difficult. Had a great first and second day, baby is loving every second. By the second night, I'm up vomiting and with a high fever. I was sick all the next day and poor DH was running himself ragged trying to care for me and DS. Finally two days later the fever broke and I'm feeling human again. Well we just had to run DH out of the restaurant we were in because he's sick. Same thing I had. I don't know how he's going to last the 4 hour flight home on Tuesday and if the baby catches this..I'll just cry. His first birthday is on Friday . We were expecting this trip to be hard bc of DS!!! Totally did not see this coming.

Oh my goodness. I am so so sorry. That has to be absolute hell.

Blog Entries

How awful for sure. If it is viral you've shared your antibodies with the baby so he should fair much better than you or DH. I really hope that this passes super quick from your family.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Oh no! I hope your DH feels a little better by Tuesday and that the baby doesn't catch it!

I'm so sorry! We went through the same thing the last time we traveled, except DS got it first the day after we arrived, and it spiraled from there through the 10 people we were staying with. You get to a point, that you just have to laugh, so we called it "Benja-titis" since DS's name is Benjamin, lol. Hang in there, mama! I hope everyone's better soon!
    Last edited by Adhafera; 07-20-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Jennifer

Oh no! Being sick, especially when traveling, is the worst! My sister's family brought a stomach bug to California last spring when we all went. Most of us got it for at least part of the trip - I had it for almost the entire week. I got it the morning we went to Disneyland and spent the majority of the day at the Disneyland "hospital". And luckily I got to recover in the comfort of my parents' house, but I missed out on most of the fun all week. I hope everyone is better in time for the flight!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Thanks ladies. I'm so depressed. I just keep trying to remind myself that as long as DS stays healthy, that's all that really matters. I hope my breast milk does it's job and protects him from it. I can't wait to be home.

Blog Entries

How horrible...I also hope the baby stays healthy!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Uuuuugh! We had one of those trips, with 5 kids. 3 of us were sick on the return flight. The youngest was 2, she and i were practically delirious with fever, and another child was vommiting. The flight attendent gave him a big black trash bag, i felt sorry for the guy sitting with him!