Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caligirl07/Katie is hospitalized

Default Caligirl07/Katie is hospitalized

I don't think she has updated here, but its been publicly put on her FB and shared by several people, so I think its ok to post. Katie has been an APA member for many years now, and she just had her 4th baby on June 25th. Although everything seemed fine at first, things went quickly downhill last week.

She has developed a pulmonary embolism (blood clots in her lungs), as well as deep vein thrombosis in the iliac vein (a large blood clot in her pelvis). This could be life threatening.

A friend of hers made a website for donations. Katie is going to be out of commission for a good while, and this money will go toward all the things she and her family will need. If you can help at all, I know it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.gofundme.com/bt2hjc

Thanks, ladies!

Oh my goodness !!! Praying, praying, praying the emboli respond to treatment and resolve quickly!

Katie!!!!!!!

Please kup ♡
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Oh no. Glad they caught it...hope it resolves with treatment.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Praying for her. Thanks for posting

How very scary. I'm wishing her a very speedy recovery. Poor thing.

Oh no! Thanks for posting. Please, keep us updated as you hear.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I am so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know. My thoughts are with her and her family for a fast and uneventful recovery.

Oh goodness, lots of prayers for her and her family!
    Jennifer

Thank you, ladies.
    Her husband posted last night that they decided to hold off on the clot buster, which could lead from one intervention to the next. The doctors finally realized that they should probably try simply lifting her leg up above her heart and see if gravity could help.

"Tonight at 10pm Katie's desire to turn over outweighed her bondage of pain. Katie and I were able to get her rolled over to her side with out ten nurses. HER LEG has a NOTICEABLE decrease in swelling! Just before this Katie noticed that she had more ability to move her foot. She even lifted her leg half an inch which is huge!

This last week has only been a series of worsening conditions until tonight. The prayer of many is showing the power of God Tonight.

I will take what ever improvement we can get. How amazing is Gods Gravity!"

Great update !! Praying for continued progress !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

That is great news - I will continue to pray for her and her family!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Blog Entries

Oh no, how scary! I am so glad to hear there has been improvement. We were due date buddies with my DD2. I hope things continue to improve quickly. Thinking positive thoughts for Katie and her family!!

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Sending lots of prayers for healing and comfort. That is very scary!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

So happy for the improvement! Hoping for more and more good news!!!!!!
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Hope all goes well! She just had a baby too!

Thanks for keeping us updated! So glad there's been some positive progress! Still praying!
    Jennifer

Oh my! Prayers for Katie! I have been in due date rooms with her twice.

Update from her friend that made the website:
    "Thank you to everyone who has donated, and made offers of help. It is quite remarkable to see how 29 people can make such a big impact in just a few days.

I have been in touch with Katie. She is shocked by how many kind and generous people there are...some of whom she doesn't even know. She is grateful and humbled.

Physically, Katie seems to be making small improvements. She continues to be cared for in the hospital, but is unable to get out of bed. The clot-busting treatment has been postponed at this point, as the risk of hemorrhage is too great. A PICC line was placed, so fluids and medications can be administered.

Katie is missing her kids. They are not able to visit her at the hospital. This is very difficult for her. Jason was able to spend some time with the "big" kids yesterday.

I hope we can continue to build this fund, so Katie can rest and recuperate once she is home, without feeling the financial burden if outside help is needed."

Thanks for the update. Thinking of her.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Goodness! i'm sorry to hear this, but glad she's improving. Where is the newborn during this time? I can't imagine being sick and away from my children like that, especially missing the firstdays of my new baby's life

Blog Entries

We aren't sure where the kids or the baby is right now.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Please keep the updates coming. I'm glad to see that things are starting to look up for her!
    Last edited by ibisgirldc; 07-23-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the kids are right now. Being away from my kids would tear me up, too. Especially being away from my newborn. This has to be so difficult on all of them.

can the hospital make an exception and let her bond with the newborn?
    i hope she recovers soon so she can go home to be with her children.

Blog Entries

We do know that she is on 100% bed rest. There is likely significant concern with the clots moving from their current locations and having small children not being able to really get close to mom would be too much. I feel so awful for Katie and her whole family. Katie also can not nurse the baby due to the medication she is on and won't be able to resume once home since the treatment will need to continue for months according to my understanding.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Blog Entries

Ok. We just got an update from Katie. She is sleeping a lot and can barely walk. The doctors have said that it can take up to six months for her to be back to normal. She has not seen any of the kids in a week and misses them. Keep praying for her, her DH and her sweet kids.
    My blog about MCAD

This is terribly heartbreaking. I hope for her strength and recovery.

I have been thinking and praying for her and her family. I cannot even imagine what their family is going through and hoping for a quick recovery for her.

Still sending positive thought and prayers her way!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Thanks for the update! Still praying!
    Jennifer