Thread: 7 wks - symptoms disappeared completely

Default 7 wks - symptoms disappeared completely

With my first pregnancy, I had no symptoms and they found the blighted ovum at 10 weeks and I promptly miscarried.

With my last pregnancy, I was hospitalized with hyperemesis gravidarum and was so sick I thought I was going to die. I tried all the home remedies: ginger, sea bands, yoga, you name it, but nothing gave me relief and I ended up in the hospital with severe dehydration and weight loss of over 20 lbs. I even briefly wanted them to abort the baby (which goes against what I believe and all the effort we put into getting pregnant to begin with) because I was so desperately ill I was truly afraid I was going to die. I had to take zofran for the duration of the pregnancy, quitting only after he was born. If I missed a single dose or two, I was vomiting repeatedly until I got that magic pill down my throat. It was miserable.

So with this pregnancy, about a week ago, when I started having awful nausea, vomiting hourly, and losing weight fast, I thought I was in for another round of hyperemesis with this pregnancy. My doc prescribed zofran and I started taking it - although it was a lower dose than before and didn't seem to work so well. Fast forward to yesterday. I slept and was miserable ALL DAY. Finally, my husband made me exercise for the first time in 3 weeks by taking a brisk walk, and I finally drank my new ginger tea. I felt pretty good after that and had a big dinner. I felt so good, I didn't take my zofran last night. When I woke up this morning, I also didn't take my zofran, just had another cup of ginger tea and a hearty breakfast of eggs and banana bread.

Well, as I got out of bed, I noticed I feel amazing, like I'm not pregnant at all except for bloating. No nausea. No aching joints. My boobs hurt a lot less.

It is an eerie feeling to feel so absolutely horrible one day and have the symptoms disappear the very next day. Bam. Just like that.

I don't know what this means, but naturally, I am afraid it means this pregnancy is terminating itself. On the one hand, I'm so relieved to not feel so terribly ill, but the other hand, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop - and it just makes me feel really eerie.

I can't believe I have to wait 3 more weeks until my ultrasound appointment to find out whether this pregnancy is viable. (sigh)
    Dee - 35, DH - 40, DS - 3, Expecting #2 in early March 2015!

I'm sorry! I miscarried before I got pregnant with my last daughters, so naturally I was worried with her. I went to the ER a few weeks in to the pregnancy just to make sure everything was fine. I knew if I told them that I was crampy, they would do a sono and sure enough they did. There was her little heart beating away! What a relief! I'm also worried with this pregnancy....probably because worrying is what I do....my first appt isn't until August 1. My morning sickness comes and goes. My boobs have been sore for the past several days and pretty much consistently. I am very moody, too. Every pregnancy is different. I wasn't the least bit sick with my first three. Matter of fact, my first pregnancy was a sweet ride! I felt nothing but great! My last pregnancy was miserable. Try to stay calm and not worry too much. I know thats easier said than done and I need to take my own advice, but it's the truth.
    DH (36), Lee (32), Layann (10), Noelle-Harrison (8), Safiyah (4), Stella (1)
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

Loss of symptoms used to be my first sign of an impending loss, but since then I've had several pgs where my symptoms come and go...scared the wits out of me at the time and I was positive my pg was ending.

I'm so sorry for your losses ...it's just so unnerving! Thinking of you and really praying everything is okay !!

stick baby stick!!!

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I had a lot of ebb and flow with my symptoms early on with this pregnancy. It also follows a loss, so I was definitely on edge like you are. It seem silly to wish, but I hope you start to feel violently ill soon! Not so much because I believe that means all is well (because I think all can be well without it) but because I know it will be oddly comforting to you and I think keeping your frame of mind at its most positive is the best medicine during pregnancy!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

So scary going through this stage sometimes! All the worries and concerns you go through on a daily basis!
    Try not to worry too much though...every pg is different...maybe this time your symptoms will come and go. Hugs for you! Hang in there!

How are you doing?
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I should be 7w1d today and some of my symptoms are disappearing. How are things with you?
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart

My symptoms are very sporadic. It makes me nervous!! I am 7 weeks 2 days today.

2/28/13

there were a few days that i didn't feel nauseous and then it returned yesterday morning and this morning. my boobs continue to hurt, especially last night. i think its normal for this stage.
    expecting #5
    My Ovulation Chart