Thread: Severe Stomach Pain

Default Severe Stomach Pain

I've been up since 4am with severe Stomach Pain. The weird part is it comes in waves almost the way a contraction would. But it's not in my uterus, feels like everything above the uterus. Killing meeeee.

Some background info, I worked all day yesterday on the nursery but everything was fine when I went to bed. Just tired, but didn't feel like I overdid it. But I did have excessive baby movement yesterday. So much so that it worried me, like I hoped that they werent under distress or something. Their movements were painful at some times. The stomach cramps woke me up at 4. I had some ginger ale and toast already. A cup of water but it's hard to drink or eat much because of the pain. Any thoughts or suggestions would be lovely....

I'm really sorry to hear that you woke up at 4am with this stomach pain. My mother has been dealing with stomach pain, followed my intestine issues, for several days now. We're thinking it's a bug because the boys also had some intestinal issues. I hope it's just a bug and it passes soon!!

I'm also sorry that I don't have any words of wisdom or helpful suggestions.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Well you're probably right, violently vomiting over here now so it's probably a stomach bug. I was just so worried I overdid it yesterday and put myself into labor or something crazy! Now I just have to stay hydrated. Somehow.

Ugh, sounds like a virus, but if the pain doesn't go away I'd probably give the after hours nurse a call !!

Praying it eases up soon and you're able to stay hydrated! Kup!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Oh no. I hope it passes very soon for you. If the pain and vomiting continue, I would definitely call your nurse. You can get dehydrated very fast when pg. (((HUGS))))

Just checked my temperature and it's below normal at least. But I'm worried because I can't keep any water down. My OB nurse is my aunt and she dropped off Gatorade, ginger ale and crackers. Drank about half the Gatorade so far and it's staying down. DH is freaking out, he says my baby belly is half it's normal size and it really is. And the vomiting is so violent he won't let me be left alone.. Praying this passes quickly.

How are you doing this evening? Really hoping it's just a short-lived bug and you feel better soon...thinking of you !

Been able to keep down Gatorade and crackers so far this evening. Progress! BP was low, took it just to check and make sure it wasn't high. I'll probably stay home from work tomorrow not matter how I feel in the morning just so I don't spread it around!

Glad to hear you're keeping things down now!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Sooo glad you're keeping something down...praying you're able to get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling much better, but good to hear you'll be taking the day off either way. Take care of yourself momma !!!

Oh no! Sorry you feel so awful and I hope by now you are feeling tons better. Lots of rest!

Hope you are feeling better this morning Rachel!!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Thanks everyone. Breakfast is staying down so far, that is some major progress. I lost 8lbs of fluid yesterday so I am drinking as much water as I can stand. Checked on the babies with the doppler and all sounds good <3