Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has you child said anything funny lately?

Blog Entries

Default Has you child said anything funny lately?

My DS1 told my DH yesterday that he didn't like the color of his penis. He wanted it to be blue. My DH responded that he could color it whatever color he wanted when he was older.

Just thought that I would share!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I was going to say that it wasn't really appropriate for a family board but now that I've seen the first post I will share that my daughter has been learning a little more about the facts of life and was thrilled to discover that any male sperm has the potential to fertilize a female egg. She asked excitedly, "You mean I could have ten babies with ten different men?!?!?" That spawned (haha) a long discussion during which she insisted that any father would love to share co-parenting duties with other men because it would mean less work and the more the merrier and so on.

my #2 son did color his penis when he was about 2. he drew all over his legs, drew a circle around his penis and colored the end. all in purple "washable" marker. I was so worried something would happen and we would have to go to the dr before it wore off.

brother husbands! it should be a thing

LOL! Between 10 guys, they should be able to cobble together one decent husband and father, right?

Mira says amusing things all the time; I just can't remember any of them right now. This is from last month, and I grabbed it from FB:

Mira: I don't want to nap in my own classroom. I want to nap in Ms. Gabby's class. Ms. Christie's nap class is BAD.

Me: It's temporary. In the fall, you will go back to napping in Ms. Gabby's class.

Mira: Then I will complain that I want to nap in Ms. Christie's class, and don't want to nap in Ms. Gabby's class.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I was going to say that it wasn't really appropriate for a family board but now that I've seen the first post I will share that my daughter has been learning a little more about the facts of life and was thrilled to discover that any male sperm has the potential to fertilize a female egg. She asked excitedly, "You mean I could have ten babies with ten different men?!?!?" That spawned (haha) a long discussion during which she insisted that any father would love to share co-parenting duties with other men because it would mean less work and the more the merrier and so on.
    i'll take 2 kids with another husband please!!! then my current dh can be the worker and the new dh can be my emotional support... i like the way your daughter thinks!!!

ds told the dr this morning that he can't leave his penis alone because he was afraid she was going to take it from him... she chuckled and asked him another question about his body.

Blog Entries

Ten men in the same house! Ugh. I definitely don't want to be cleaning that one.

I really wanted to put this on facebook but restrained myself. I knew that you all would laugh, though.

Funny stuff ladies!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    Ten men in the same house! Ugh. I definitely don't want to be cleaning that one.
    One of the 10 should be a neat freak. I hear they exist

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    One of the 10 should be a neat freak. I hear they exist
    They do exist! Course that leads to a host of different problems

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Cody yesterday at Best Buy said this to the sale's guy "Thanks to my Uncle Tyler for giving us a 100 year TV we NEED a new one".
    The sale's guy started laughing. Its true we do need a new one and its so funny he added in the 100 years old.
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 07-17-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    They do exist! Course that leads to a host of different problems
    my dh is a neat freak..... but wants someone else to do the cleaning part... thats a problem

I'm with Suja -- Nathan says funny stuff all the time, but I can't think of any at the moment. I'll try to remember one and come back and post it.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

My preschoolers last year were absolutely hilarious! I'm on break right now so I don't have any new funnies to share. Some of the funnies from last year include:

Student: I have boogers.
    Me: Let's get a tissue and blow your nose. I need a tissue, too.
    Student: YOU have boogers?

And then another little one, 3 years old, who very diligently sat and practiced her words with me for 30 solid minutes without complaint. She is an active little one and I was totally shocked at how much I managed to get her to do. At exactly 30 minutes in, without saying a word, she put her entire head and shoulders inside my purse (it's a big purse...eek), rummaged around, surfaced for air, and handed me my car keys. All in total silence. The clear subtext was "Okay, lady, I did what you asked. Now get out."

And just to get on the body parts bandwagon, the same little boy in the first story says S instead of T. And when I showed him a picture of a peanut ... yup, penis.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 07-17-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    And just to get on the body parts bandwagon, the same little boy in the first story says S instead of T. And when I showed him a picture of a peanut ... yup, penis.
    Any my DD misheard DH the first time she told him it was a penis, and insists on calling it a Peanut!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Quote Originally Posted by preciousnd98 View Post
    Any my DD misheard DH the first time she told him it was a penis, and insists on calling it a Peanut!
    I suppose that's better than the other way around! At least, so long as she stops calling it that before she grows up.

This thread totally cracks me up.

DS2 is learning about privacy, private parts and comments in public. He is fascinated with big boobs and long hair and we have had a handful of comments about women in the store like "wow, she is pretty and has big boobs" "wow, look at her boobs" I have had to explain to him how we do not comment like that in public while my face is beet red. Very very embarrassing. One time, however, he asked very loud "if her boobs are private, why is showing them?" AGHHHHHH (in his defense, her boobs were half way out but still...)
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post

DS2 is learning about privacy, private parts and comments in public. He is fascinated with big boobs and long hair and we have had a handful of comments about women in the store like "wow, she is pretty and has big boobs" "wow, look at her boobs" I have had to explain to him how we do not comment like that in public while my face is beet red. Very very embarrassing. One time, however, he asked very loud "if her boobs are private, why is showing them?" AGHHHHHH (in his defense, her boobs were half way out but still...)

Last week, my son was with other 4 year olds at camp. They're singing songs with the counselors, allowing the kids to choose. Twinkle, Twinkle; Mary Had A Little lamb, etc. They get to my son and he declares "Welcome To The Jungle" and begins to sing and do his headbanging with air guitar.

The teacher was not pleased. When she relayed this story to my husband, he did his very best to hide his pride and amusement. We can't help it if our kid has good taste in music.

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post
    Last week, my son was with other 4 year olds at camp. They're singing songs with the counselors, allowing the kids to choose. Twinkle, Twinkle; Mary Had A Little lamb, etc. They get to my son and he declares "Welcome To The Jungle" and begins to sing and do his headbanging with air guitar.

The teacher was not pleased. When she relayed this story to my husband, he did his very best to hide his pride and amusement. We can't help it if our kid has good taste in music.
    Adorable.
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by preciousnd98 View Post
    My oldest girl is the 3rd child in 3yrs after2 big brothers. She called a penis a peanut too. She has an umbilical hernia she called her "peanuts" and stood at the toilet to pee with it like her brother.

Oh gosh, these are hilarious! My DS doesn't really say anything yet other than "uh oh!" lol. Although, we cloth diaper, and he always likes to come to the bathroom with me to watch me dump his poop in the potty, and after he flushes the toilet, he waves and says "bye" to the poop, lol.
    Last edited by Adhafera; 07-18-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    Jennifer

I love these kinds of threads!

Here are a couple from my FB.

"Recently at the grocery store...
    (After Lily told the nice lady behind us in line pretty much her entire life story)
    Lady: "You don't like to talk much at all, do you?"
    Lily: "No! I DO! I LOVE to talk! I talk every day! I talk about all kinds of stuff!" (Continues to talk about loving to talk...)"

"Working the church garden today, Lily found a bunch of slugs. She picked a big handful of them and passed them out to all her friends. "There's one for you... one for you... Aren't they COOL!?"
    Yep. That's my kid."

Oh, and also, when I do quick diaper changes on the floor, my 2 year old likes to get up before I put on the clean diaper, run around in a small circle while patting her butt and saying "Mine! Bum! Mine! Bum!" over and over.

We had an issue a week or so ago with DS, where the neighbor girl told us that he had shown her his penis. We pieced together that he wasn't really trying to be an exhibitionist thankfully, more like he was at the woods away from the girls getting ready to pee, when he saw a turtle. He must have yelled for this girl to come look and then remembered why he was there in the first place (probably about to pee on himself), and just whipped it out and started peeing (on the turtle i might add). The girl ran off and we were told about it the next day when she was down at our house. In the midst of the conversation with him reminding him that he isn't supposed to pee in front of girls or things of that sort, he must not have known exactly which part he was in trouble for and he pipes up "I only got A LITTLE BIT on the turtle!!"
    ~Kim~Kaylee~Kai~

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post

Q calls this type of woman "fancy" and announces loudly "wow, daddy, that lady is fayncy" (pronounced fay-ancy)

Nathan said he needed to go potty, so Erin took him to the bathroom and sat him on his little potty. After a minute, he says "my pee pee isn't peeing." That happened just now.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

I picked him up from day camp the other day and asked him how the pool was, because he said it was cold the day before. He said "I was able to withstand it." (he's 7)

I could write a book about the stuff that comes out of G's mouth. He's a natural born comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I picked him up from day camp the other day and asked him how the pool was, because he said it was cold the day before. He said "I was able to withstand it." (he's 7)
    Cute!
    *** Lindsay ***

These are hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    That's great lol! Paige also had an interesting comment after our detailed discussion of the facts of life. A couple hours after the discussion she says, "When I get older and want to mate I think I will do it in my room, because I wouldn't want to do it in the living room where everyone can see me" lol.

Jude said something funny to my mom the other day, he said, "Grammy, will you catch me a bear and a deer so we can have delicious meat on Tuesday"

Gma- ooo, my leg fell asleep!
    My niece- (very seriously) G'ma your knee don't have eyes!

Haha she's so funny.