Thread: I'm falling apart

Default I'm falling apart

So my feet and legs have been pretty swollen. I was willing to give it a little more time to go down, except this morning the swelling in my feet was painful.

I called the mw first thing and she asked me to check my bp. Well i didn't get around to it until 11:45, and at that time my bp was 146/85. I called back and they scheduled me a 4 pm appt for today.

I'm trying to not worry but doctor Google is throwing around words like post partum cardiomyopathy and it's hard not to.

I'm so sorry Natalie...you've just really been through so much recently ! Really praying it's nothing serious and you get good news at your appt !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time. I hope it's nothing serious. Glad you're having the appt soon. Keep us updated!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

!! Ugh. Sorry love, hope it's an easy fix and you are able to be home with your baby girl!

Big hugs. .I was swollen after each delivery for a week. My BP goes up and down and I was told it is due to sleepless nights. Please don't Google so much - you will get all sorts of terrifying sttuff. Here's hoping and praying it is nothing serious.

Stalking for an update...thinking of you !!

At the dr office my bp was 140/90. The nurse practitioner didn't think there was enough history to do anything. She proscribed a one time dose of a diuretic and I'm to go back in Friday for a recheck.

Really praying the diuretic does the trick and Friday shows better numbers...thinking of you momma !

With the triplets was on Diuretics for 10 days before the swelling really went away. It sucked big time.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Hope it works! !! Stay hydrated - as strange as it sounds water retention is actually flushed by water. Huge hugs. How's Abbie? And is your mom finally there to help you?

My mom came back early, she had been here Saturday-Mondayand was coming back this Saturday. She's been checking my bp regularly and it's staying elevated.

I was able to get 6 hours sleep last night and has some good night sweats. My toes at least are more toe like now. I took the diuretic and am really hoping it fixes me right up.

Abby is a total delight and we've got nursing down for the most part which makes me really happy!

Aww, great news on the bfing and sleep fronts !!!! Heaven knows you don't need anymore challenges...so excited that nursing is going well !

Sheesh, I'm so sorry your bp just is not coming down ! I did have a friend who had cardiomyopathy, but hers started during pg. Her bp and HR were severely elevated so they did beta blockers and put her on bedrest. It got better pp, but it did take about 6months pp for hers to completely resolve. I'm hoping your high bp really responds to the diuretics though and nothing more is needed...just so crummy you have to deal with any of it at all !

Praying for good news tomorrow !!!

I really hope that your blood pressure and swelling both come down soon!!!
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Well I did not have a magical day of peeing like I was told should happen. (tmi) I really didn't pee that much more than normal either in frequency or volume--some extra volume.

My feet looked a little more feet like after my nap but with a shower and walking around the house a little the swelling returned and it's still painful. The swelling and tenderness extends up past my ankles.

My bp has been steady at about 138/88 (give or take a few points) all day. I'm very interested to see what they say tomorrow. Pretty sure I was supposed to have a different reaction to the diuretic...
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I really hope it is nothing serious@ glad to hear bf is working out. :Hugs:

At my appt today, I really had to fight to get them to consider testing me for PP illnesses. I was super frustrated that the NP only seemed interested in treating my symptoms and not looking for a cause. We did a urine and blood check and I should get the results (if abnormal) this weekend. Obviously I don't want anything to be wrong with me but something is off right now.

My evening bp was 140/88 which is the highest it's been since Wednesday.

Also all my arthritis pains came back in full force today so that's fun. I miss the relaxin soo much LOL!

I'm in good spirits and totally in love with my little squishy and enjoying our time together--I just want to be ok.

Goodness, Natalie, how do you manage to handle it all!? Big hugs and I hope you get answers soon.

The NP called me this morning to let me know all my lab results were normal. It was nice of her not to make me wait until Monday. My swelling is super improved--haven't had my bp checked today though. Hopefully that will be better also.

I'm 5 pounds under my pre-pg weight. Need to eat more.

Excellent news! My bp today was 118/74, almost my normal and definitely not worrisome anymore. I'm so relieved. I'm just going to relax and put the bad parts of the last week and a half behind me.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes!

Awesom news! Now you can focus on baby and not have to worry as much. Nice of them to call you today! I'd love to see some more pics of Abby when you get a chance.

That's great Natalie!
    *** Lindsay ***

Oh Natalie, I am soooo happy to see this !!!!!

Praying all hurdles are behind you now !!

Such wonderful news, Natalie! I hope all your struggles are behind you now and you can just relax and enjoy baby Abby!
    Jennifer

Birthing a baby is tough! Your body needs recovery ( I know super Mommas want to run around and do all this stuff ). So glad your blood tests are normal! Hope things continue to be positive.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

yay! glad you are better!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook