Thread: A different sort of car seat question

Default A different sort of car seat question

So, DD HATES her car seat. And not for the usual reasons. She's a pink/purple/unicorn/rainbow () girl, and her car seat is brown and gray (Graco MyRide 65). She's been in it since she was a year old, IIRC, so we've been using it for 3+ years, and it is also showing some wear from spills and stains. She's 40+ inches tall, and 34-ish pounds, so in reality, she can probably use that car seat until she is 10. I don't mind getting her a new car seat, but I'd like to get one with a 5 point harness that converts to a backless booster, in a few years, if such a thing exists. And it would have to meet her pink/purple/unicorn/rainbow criterion as well. I told her that they don't make car seats that way, but she doesn't exactly believe me.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if this would be something that can help it appears the weight max would go up to 80 pounds. Its pink It appears after 55 pounds it converts with the seat belt up to 80 pounds. This one should definitely take her to age 10 IMO:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st...ingMethod=p13n
    Last edited by mom2CodySophia0811; 07-11-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    *** Lindsay ***

Too much brown I'm fairly certain she's looking for something that would be completely unsightly for pretty much everyone else, but would likely settle for something that is pink/purple with polka dots, or flowers, or butterflies, or something. I wish it were an option to just change out the car seat cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Too much brown I'm fairly certain she's looking for something that would be completely unsightly for pretty much everyone else, but would likely settle for something that is pink/purple with polka dots, or flowers, or butterflies, or something. I wish it were an option to just change out the car seat cover.
    Oh gosh to me I don't see brown I see a tad of gray. - you know what I would do pick out 3 different seats that are safety approved by you and say you have a choice from A, B, C, and let her choose within those.
    *** Lindsay ***

Just for curiosity sake I did a search on Etsy and came up with this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/8862765...?ref=related-2. You could get a new cover instead of a whole new seat.

Ha! Too bad her and Kai can't trade! He uses Savana's pink one. lol he doesn't care unless his friends notice.

we have a pink Graco nautilus, which fits your wishes (5pt to backless booster). Its several years old though (about to expire actually, i need to find a new one) so i dont know if they still make a pink option.

I've been looking at that Diono. With my sunglasses on. If the one with the pattern were in a different color, it would be a contender, for sure.

Maybe this one? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st...ingMethod=p13n

Could you pick a couple that fit your safety needs and requirements and than have her pick the color/pattern from there?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG, if that pink and flowered seat she linked to wouldnt do I'm positive you will not find one that does, LMBO! I dont see any brown either, just a tiny bit of grey between flowers.

If you think you will be able to use it for a while I would look into trying to make or buy a cover. Would be win-win because she could get exactly what she wants and you would have a removable cover to easily clean!

DD1 has a super pink seat but it's a high back booster not 5pt. I only bought it because it was cheaper than the black one and I thought the black would get too hot. I am not a fan of colored big buys like car seats or strollers but whatever.....
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I've been looking at that Diono. With my sunglasses on. If the one with the pattern were in a different color, it would be a contender, for sure.
    This also have this one too though it doesn't seem to go to a backless booster http://us.diono.com/convertible-to-b...rainier-orchid

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Blog Entries

(Pretty sure that the car seat DH and I both hate is a Safety First! It isn't the one linked, though. BTW - we love our Recaro seat but I think it just goes from FF to high back booster).
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    OMG, if that pink and flowered seat she linked to wouldnt do I'm positive you will not find one that does, LMBO! I dont see any brown either, just a tiny bit of grey between flowers.
    For some reason, it opened this, earlier: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st...ingMethod=p13n

The one in the link might actually work. I think that is the closest I've seen to what she wants. She can bedazzle it or something if she finds it to be not blingy enough.

For some reason, it opened this, earlier: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st...ingMethod=p13n

The one in the link might actually work. I think that is the closest I've seen to what she wants. She can bedazzle it or something if she finds it to be not blingy enough.
    I did orginally put in that one but, I realized it only went to 65 pounds so I replaced it with the one for up to 80 pounds.
    *** Lindsay ***

hahaha! i was thinking your girl really likes the gaudy if that one wouldnt work!

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    hahaha! i was thinking your girl really likes the gaudy if that one wouldnt work!
    She would probably like some bling, but likes this one.

I would stay away from the safety first one in the link it doesn't make a good booster seat at all. Diono makes great seats. Maybe look at the britax frontier and see what prints it comes in.