Thread: B6 or b12 for luteal phase defect?

Default B6 or b12 for luteal phase defect?

Asking for a friend. I did 100mg to help me get pregnant a few years ago and now I can't remember which it was!

I just took the B Complex and it helped mine within one cycle. Not sure which is really the "right" one to take.

I took B complex. It has folic acid too which is good for baby anyway.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

200mg of B6 total from all supps daily is recommended and I prefer some of that come from a b-complex since the b vits work best together .

I took Rainbow Light prenatal One, 100mg B6 walmart brand, and Twinlabs stress b-complex while ttc this baby.

I take 50mg B6 and 1000mcg B12 every day. Along with a baby asprin, 1000mg fish oil, 75mg DHEA, 600mg CoQ10 and a prenatal. I am not a pill person...another thing I will not be sorry to see end soon LOL.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Thanks She went and bought 100mg b12. Should I tell her to get b6 too? Or is she good with b12? Or add a b complex? Lol sorry guys :/ I just want her to get as much help as she can.

B complex did the trick for me. I saw results in one cycle. I usually ovulated on day 14 but after the boys were born my luteal phase went from 14 days to 8-10 days. After a month or two on b-complex I saw results and had a 12-14 day luteal phase. And I got pregnant with my third.

I got my complex from whole foods its gummy version because I used for morning sickness in first trimester. The b defect agravated morning sickness too.....

What does B complex help with ladies?? I will try anything to help end this TTC journey sooner! I normally O on day 18 which I have always found so late in my cycle. any advice is appreciated!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

or is this something you should only take if you DONT have a normal luteal phase?
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Kelly, I ovulated late in my cycle too and I don't have a LPD, but I took it anyway since I felt it sure couldn't hurt .

Autumn, I think the B6 is important and she should also be taking that.

Katrina, right?? When ttc this baby, oh my word, I was so sick of taking pills...at least now I'm down from 2 xtra Lg size pill sorters to one .

Thank you <3