Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AJHMommy/Ashlee Updates

Hybrid View

Default AJHMommy/Ashlee Updates

Never too late to start one of these threads right? Lol.

With so many littles I am incredibly busy but I need a place to write my thoughts now that I am approaching the end of this pregnancy.

33 weeks 2 days currently. My midwife is praying (as are so many others) that my sweet Micah stays in momma until 37 weeks. I can deliver at home (we have a planned water home birth after two c sections) if I make it to 36 1/2. I have a history of pre term labor and the midwife and I already had to stop contractions once.

I have definitely hit nesting mode this week!

God took a huge burden off my shoulders (and my husband's) today when we finally were able to safely configure 5 carseats into our Odyssey! Praise God, I was dancing with joy, we won't have to purchase a new van!!

I don't know how to add a picture from my phone (and photo bucket won't work on my phone) but if anybody else has a suggestion how to add, I could post my belly picture.

I was with you in birth group 2 years ago and happy to see you through another pregnancy again! Hoping and praying Micah stays in till you can safely deliver him!!!

I was thinking of you today!!!! August is rapidly approaching!

Yay on the car seat dilemma!

Love you
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Wooohoooo, super excited to see you post a thread of your own Ashlee...missing you on FB !!

Praying that baby stays put for 4 more weeks and you have a perfect HWBA2C !

Haha, that is impressive you were able to get 5 carseats in an Odyssey ! We have 5 carseats in a 15 passenger and it can be challenging sometimes because none of the kids who are not in carseats want to sit between two carseats, lol, and we often remove the back or front bench seats for storage space.

Thinking of you momma !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Yay! Glad you got the car seats figured out. That's a huge relief! I really hope he stays put and you get the birth you are hoping for.

I'm always amazed when I see more than two carseats in a car. It's like a feat of engineering.
    Glad things are going well and hope that baby stays put and bakes a lot longer.

Anna (36), DH (47), Little Man (4), , Little Lady (brand new!)

I'm dealing with a lot of nausea. We had a stomach virus run through the family but it was diarrhea for rest of family. I was throwing up 2 days ago. Yesterday I felt great. Today, so insanely nauseated.
    Wondering if it is pregnancy related and not the virus. Maybe my reflux is spiraling out of control again.

Nesting like crazy. We have been abundantly blessed by friends and family. We have not bought anything for Micah. We have been given so much and the rest borrowed to us. Often I am left speechless and all I can do is offer thanksgiving to my Father!
    Today, we picked up the Arms Reach Co sleeper from a friend. And another friend let me know today I can borrow her double electric pump! Two big things im happy to have squared away.

My husband is finally growing very attached to Micah and everyday he is more and more excited.

We found out today that we get a night away from the kids this weekend. We are soooooo excited to spend quality time together before the birth of Micah. We have 24 hrs of no children (accept the one in my tummy, lol). I just pray the nausea passes quickly!

Meeting with midwife tomorrow and doula Thursday! It is really starting to hit me...I might actually get to birth at home! After two nightmare deliveries with my twins, I can't even put into words what it would mean to be present and there for the delivery. To hold my baby close to me the moment he arrives. To see him. Smell him. Put him to my breast. So much that so many mothers take for granted.

Midwife came today.
    Micah's heartrate was great at 132.
    My blood pressure was low (pretty normal).
    I'm measuring 31 weeks and I'm actually 33 weeks 4 days. But by palpitation Micah feels to be around 4lbs. He is head down and not sunny side up (yay).
    Urine looked good.
    I've been anemic (my number was 9) and she asked me to increase my iron and switch to a liquid iron.
    Micah has already "dropped" (which might be contributing to measuring small) but she still thinks we can make it very close to 37 weeks (hopefully 37 or more).
    I love my midwife. She is very hands off and trusts the mother completely! She doesn't stress about anything.

So there is our update. I opted not to be seen for another 2 weeks.

Aww, so sorry about the stomach virus ...praying it completely eases for you so you can enjoy your weekend away !

I hope the iron supp helps...I've had good experience with floradix and liquid chlorophyll with past pgs . My rbc and hematocrit are low and my hg is on the low end of the range so I'm trying to increase my intake of high-iron foods for now. I'll add floradix when I hit my 3rd tri since my hg tends to drop around that time and I almost always hemorrhage...having good iron stores really helps with recovery imo. Anyway, my bil suggested dessicated liver tablets...I've never taken them, but he said it has really helped his wife who is anemic. It might be worth asking your midwife about . I'm going to try eating organic (grass fed) beef liver first, but if I truly cannot stand it I'll ask my dr about the tablets . I'm already taking 48mg of iron in supp form so I'd rather not add more pills at this point since it's not terribly low.

I hope you have the most perfect, most wonderful birth...so excited for you and praying everything goes beautifully !!!

hang in there a bit longer Micah !!!!!!

Glad you are fine in general! And so nice that you have a good midwife!

Really rough few days. Today has been off. Couldn't get baby moving for about 5 hrs. Finally got him moving and contractions started.

Oh goodness I know that was scary! Sending you some thoughts of comfort and rest.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

How are you doing?
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

How scarry. Keep us updated. How are you?
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

We are hanging in there! 35 weeks tomorrow! As long as I make it to 36 1/2 I'm in the safe zone to birth at home. I'm still praying and believing I'll make it to 37 or more though.
    Been a rough week because I can't sleep. Micah is very very low and sits on my bladder causing it to be spastic. Painfully spastic. Not the oh I need to pee I feel some pressure but the oh my that hurts so bad let me run to bathroom kind of thing.
    My midwife is wonderful and we talk and keep pressing forward trying different natural supplements/things to at least try and sleep through the discomfort.
    Micah his an active pattern at night and that's half the battle.
    I took 400mg magnesium last night along with 3mg melatonin and began drinking nettle tea yesterday (in hopes of flushing fluid out of my body, causing bladder to fill full and empty completely).I did sleep better so I'm trying to be optimistic.
    Hubby and I went away last weekend to a love and power conference and the Lord filled us up immensely. It was such a blessing.
    Right now we are on a family vacation at the lake and it has been a blast! Just what we needed as a family. Our little neighbor girl came with us (she is like a daughter to me) and her extra hands have been more than a blessing since I'm definitely feeling very at the end of this pregnancy.

It suddenly is becoming real...the fact that I might actually get my home birth and that I might actually have a term baby not a preemie!
    We are making all our final preparations. Ordering final supplies. Scheduling placenta encapsulation. Midwife and doula are checking in regularly.
    The excitement is really starting to build. Ahhhhh!

Ashlee, so exciting that the little man is letting you keep him in there! Hope you make it to 37 and beyond! With pressure and baby being low thats how I felt this pregnancy and thought he would come not later than 37 weeks but he came at 39+. Hang in there! !+

So exciting ash!!!! I'm honestly just happy you made it to 35!

Jely over here!!!! I miss that lake house!

Eeek, not much longer Ashlee !!!

Hang in there Micah, just a little over a week more!!!

Stay safe with your mommy LO!

Hoping your have an amazing homebirth experience!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thanks ladies. I can't believe that I just need about 8 more days to be in the clear for my home birth.
    I'm praying he stays tucked in a little longer but will be singing and dancing and rejoicing when I hit 36 weeks 4 days.
    35 and 2 today! And feeling great!

Nesting, nesting and nesting some more! Hubby is nesting too!

Baby shower is this Saturday! Today my oldest daughter got to go on a shopping spree all by herself with grandma. Sunday my son gets to go all by himself to a baseball game with grandma.
    Praying no action until the weekend is over. The special time is needed before baby arrives.

I had some contractions last night but thankfully rest stopped them. Come on body...I know you are tired but we got this!

Awww, have fun this weekend...feet up and let everyone else do the work !!

Haven't slept for a looooong time. Last night I really didn't sleep at all. Woke up to contractions. Very very exhausted uterus. My uterus continues to contract and I can just feel the fatigue of the muscle.
    Also woke up to very very sore breasts.
    Come on little guy we have to get another 4 days minimum.
    Trusting in Gods great plan but praying he keeps this boy inside a little longer.
    I told hubby last night...little man is low... very very very low!

Ohhhh hope he hangs in there for a few more days!!!

Well tomorrow in 35 weeks 6 days. As of Sunday I technically can deliver at home. But we are really pushing for 37 weeks.
    Long appt with midwife and doula today. Went over everything very detailed.
    Got my home birth kit today...kinda crazy.
    Everything looked good for baby and I today. I am now measuring 3 weeks small but she still estimates baby at 5 1/2 lbs. He is very very very low.
    Baby shower Saturday.
    Physically so insanely tired from not sleeping and never sitting down all day. So challenging. I hurt.