Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I am getting sooo excited...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,484

    Default I am getting sooo excited...

    With the Jul-Aug-Sep mommies starting to pop I am just getting so excited !! I can't believe our dd room is up next, lol, I know it's still a few months away but with a few of our mommas hitting their 3rd tri this month it sure feels close sometimes !

    Friends of ours just had their baby today too and posted those freshie pics I love so much (just out of the oven and still gooey ).

    So how is everyone doing?

    Updates please !!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  2. #2

    Default

    I was looking at your ticker earlier Kelly and thinking just how close you are to being under 100 days!!!!




  3. #3

    Default

    Starting to get really excited. I am trying not to feel anxious at all with this pregnancy, even though there are some who like to comment on how hard its going to be for us to go from 1 to 2 all the time. "It's more than double the work," "You'll never have time again," etc. etc. I had soooo much anxiety with my first I feel like I want to relax and enjoy this pregnancy and newborn/baby stage. So far I think I'm doing pretty well at it.

    DH is being AMAZING. The past two weeks we have accomplished painting baby's room, then he took over. He came up with the idea of using his old childhood dresser he had in his office for baby. So he cleared it out, painted it and moved it up to her room. now the room is painted, has a dresser and changing table in it and is free of clutter because I sold the guest bed set that was in it a couple weeks ago. So we are rolling on the way to getting her room ready and its starting to feel a bit more real. DH also painted a frame for her wall and pulled all DDs old clothes out of storage for me so we could start really taking a look at what we need for DD2. I think he's excited.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I am getting excited too... not exactly sure what to expect....but I know that I have a massive amount of family and friend support, as well as APA support...just a few more weeks and I will be entering the third trimester....the baby room is really coming along...I am only waiting on two things really....one is my swing that my step whatever is gonna get....the other may have to wait for a while...which would be the rocker/recliner...
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I was looking at your ticker earlier Kelly and thinking just how close you are to being under 100 days!!!!
    Eeek, I know, I can hardly believe it ! I remember looking ahead to the 4th of July, knowing I'd be 21wks and it seemed so far away, but here it is, wooot !!

    Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    Starting to get really excited. I am trying not to feel anxious at all with this pregnancy, even though there are some who like to comment on how hard its going to be for us to go from 1 to 2 all the time. "It's more than double the work," "You'll never have time again," etc. etc. I had soooo much anxiety with my first I feel like I want to relax and enjoy this pregnancy and newborn/baby stage. So far I think I'm doing pretty well at it.

    DH is being AMAZING. The past two weeks we have accomplished painting baby's room, then he took over. He came up with the idea of using his old childhood dresser he had in his office for baby. So he cleared it out, painted it and moved it up to her room. now the room is painted, has a dresser and changing table in it and is free of clutter because I sold the guest bed set that was in it a couple weeks ago. So we are rolling on the way to getting her room ready and its starting to feel a bit more real. DH also painted a frame for her wall and pulled all DDs old clothes out of storage for me so we could start really taking a look at what we need for DD2. I think he's excited.
    Aww, I love that your dh is taking such a big role in getting things ready !!!!

    I'm so glad you're not stressing despite some negative people and their comments . I didn't think going from 1 to 2 was all that difficult (and my first two were only 15months apart)...you'll do fantastically !!

    Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    I am getting excited too... not exactly sure what to expect....but I know that I have a massive amount of family and friend support, as well as APA support...just a few more weeks and I will be entering the third trimester....the baby room is really coming along...I am only waiting on two things really....one is my swing that my step whatever is gonna get....the other may have to wait for a while...which would be the rocker/recliner...
    Lizzy
    Having so much support just makes all the difference !!! Isn't it crazy how close to the 3rd tri you are, wowsa, just so excited for all of us to have 2/3 of this pg behind us and move on to the home stretch !!

    How fun to have the baby's room ready ...isn't it an amazing feeling to walk in there and realize oh my word, there's going to be a baby in there soon !!!!!!

    I keep looking at baby's going-home outfit, blankie, and the carseat, and it gives me butterflies from the excitement of knowing we'll be bringing our LO home in 16-19ish weeks from now !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,161

    Default

    It's extremely exciting! And I'm extremely nervous. LOL! I hit the 3rd trimester and I'm getting super anxious. I'm already VERY uncomfortable, so as much as I love summer and being outside, I am more than ready for October to get here!!!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elle77 View Post
    Starting to get really excited. I am trying not to feel anxious at all with this pregnancy, even though there are some who like to comment on how hard its going to be for us to go from 1 to 2 all the time. "It's more than double the work," "You'll never have time again," etc. etc. I had soooo much anxiety with my first I feel like I want to relax and enjoy this pregnancy and newborn/baby stage. So far I think I'm doing pretty well at it.
    I didn't think the transition from 1 - 2 was all that hard or traumatic. I hope you find it the same. I'm glad you're doing good with pushing out negative comments.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks for the encouraging words Dorcas and Kelly, on the transition from 1 to 2.

    Its fun to hear how everyone is getting ready. Can't believe we are all getting so close already.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    I am still pretty far away from "popping" but I am getting excited myself. Friday when I find out genders I know I will be a lot more excited. Finding out genders for me, is a way for me to bond with babies. With DD once I found out she was a girl I felt immediatley closer to her because I could imagine her and refer to her by name. Like she became this little person in my mind and it was just amazing. IS IT FRIDAY YET!?

    But yes following Natalie had me really thinking, Wow, I'll be following our ladies labors sooner than I realize!! Time is flying...

  10. #10

    Default

    Rachel, I agree with you completely about finding out the gender!! It is exactly the same for me too. I just feel more settled and focused once I know the gender. I don't think I could ever NOT find out. I also always rationalized it as "I need something in the middle of the pregnancy to get me through the rest and I'll be holding a baby in my arms upon delivery, I don't also need a surprise at that point in time." But I've never really been good at the whole delayed gratification thing.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •