Thread: mucus plug (tmi)

Default mucus plug (tmi)

This morning, I woke up and went pee, when I whipped there was a large ball of mucus. About the size of a larger grape. My question is, how big is the entire mucus plug? Will it grow back? Should I be worried? I'm only 32 weeks. I see my doc tomorrow.

The cervix will continue to produce mucus and the plug can regenerate if there's no further dilation or effacement . If you've dilated some then it may not regenerate and you'll just continue to lose bits of it.

I doubt it's anything to worry about (as in I would feel safe waiting until tomorrow) as long as you're not having regular contrx, no gush of fluid, or bleeding, but definitely bring it up tomorrow (lol, as if you wouldn't anyway, right ).

I have lost my mucus plug as early as 32wks (I was dilated to 2cm) and was dilated at 4cm at 36wks...had a gush of blood, monitoring at L&D but sent home, then had bloody mucus until I delivered 9 days later at 37wks+2 (my water broke).
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

No contractions, no gush. Over the last two weeks, I've been loosing little bits, but none this big. Baby is moving all day, and only having hip pains/gas pains. I just don't remember loosing that big of a chunk with my first 2. I'll definitely talk to doc tomorrow.

FTM's tend to efface first and then dilate, but after one or two babies we tend to dilate from the inside out prior to effacing so your cervix might be starting to funnel a little which is fine, but good you already have an appt tomorrow to have them do a check .

Should I not get into baths? Just in case?

I wouldn't worry about it personally since everything is well protected even if you were a bit dilated (I've never been given instructions from my care-providers to avoid baths when I dilate early), but it wouldn't hurt at all to just stick to showers until you find out for sure from your dr .

Thanks a bunch