Thread: Stroller recommendations?

Default Stroller recommendations?

As a FTM, I will probably be asking for gear recommendations quite often, so here is the first!
    Although it is early, my husband has been really interested in strollers. I like his enthusiasm, so I figured why not decide on one now. He likes the super expensive all terrain BOB stroller, while I think something like a travel system will be more convenient for everyday use. We are looking at a used BOB to help with price so that we can purchase both.
    Any advice or comments on either the BOB, its alternatives, or travel systems that you really like or dislike? Any info is appreciated!
    Cheryl [34] DH [35] EDD: 01/14/15
    01/14

If you want a good sturdy expensive one, Silver cross proved very reliable. Or stokke. I use graco citi r lite as it is for smooth in city rides and folds with 1 hand. It did survive Russian dirt roads but got slightly flimsy after.

I don't have any experience with good strollers, lol, we always buy cheapies (and because of that have gone through a lot of strollers ).

Every time we go to the park or zoo and I see people with BOB strollers I almost literally drool...I have serious stroller envy !! I have heard nothing but good about them...imo the only downside might be all the accessories are purchased separately and are expensive, but it's also a stroller you can get a good price on if you choose to resell when you're finished with it...it will also likely last you through several children if you have more kiddos .

Anyway, sorry I'm not more helpful .

I hope you're able to find the perfect stroller for your needs...I think it's awesome dh is showing interest in it, woot !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I never owned one with my girls but I've heard wonderful things about BOB strollers and I've seen them for sale used in great condition many times. I'm leaning towards investing in one myself and though i haven't used one I would recommend it over the cheaper strollers we've purchased in the past. We went through five strollers (mostly trying to find a great quality, two seater) between our two girls and spent more then we would have buying one nice stroller.
    Jess, Jake, Ella & Gemma

Here's another stroller I've never used, but have always wanted

http://philandteds.com/us/Products/P...e#.U7o2zIXD_bU
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

We had the Chicco travel system and really liked it. We are letting my SIL borrow it this time though since I want a sit/stand type for DS. Looking at the Uppababy Cruz. We have friends that use it and really like it.
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I love my BOB but it is big and can be a pain to load in and out over and over. I bought mine used and it works just fine.
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I am popping in, hope that's ok. We have an UPPA Baby full size stroller and it's amazing. I honestly can't say enough good things about it. It's pricey but worth every penny. Is also made in the US and their customer service is phenomenal.

Thanks for all of the recommendations!
    Cheryl [34] DH [35] EDD: 01/14/15
    01/14