Thread: scar separation?

Default scar separation?

I just saw a small hole on my c-section scar. There is no bleeding. I used peroxide just in case and iodine. I did feel some pain last night in the area when turning over clumsily. Now I am worried. Ugh. Anyone had this or can direct me to a medical link on the issue that won't have horror stories I get over Google search?

do you have disolving stitches? I dont think it's unusual to have open spaces or gaps between stitches, how neat and tidy the incision looks depends on how skilled the surgeon is. With one of mine my MIL said i looked like a basted turkey (no, she has no filter between brain and mouth). And it did scar worse than the others. Also, sometimes the suture material takes longer to disolve in some spots, and that can keep the incision from healing there. A couple times i've had to pull a section out that was open and just not healing, being kind of open and weeping.

The important thing is that it is closed on the inside. It will continue to heal from the inside out, and that opening will close more. peroxide isn't a good thing to put on it. I would just keep it clean and dry, maybe just antibiotic cream if you feel it needs something.

Thank you, I was hoping you'd reply! I woke dh up and asked him to "inspect" with a flashlight. He said it wasn't deep at all and didn't bleed or had oozing. This morning I looked again and it just a little deeper area and I could see the bottom of it, kwim? Big relief for me as I would really hate to be back to the hospital!

As running mom said, It's normal. I had it with both my c/s. A little drainage is ok too as it heals.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

No experience just my opinion though not to do a Google search- I think that causes more harm than anything. Webmd.com typically has some straight forward facts in general. Perhaps your ob might have some information on a website. Did they not send home any "new" mom stuff?
    *** Lindsay ***

Thank you!
    They don't send anything home here really. They put iodine in the scar, check it , put gauze over and tell you not to touch for a week. They also tell you no shower for a month :-D
    Anyway, so far - so good!