Thread: Book recommendations for 3 year old

Default Book recommendations for 3 year old

I need help. I need recommendations for my 3.5 year old for books. Books like Owl Moon or if you build a sand castle a dragon will move in. I'm looking for hard cover long-ish books that have pics.

I think when Josh was that age or a little older he liked the "if you give a mouse a cookie" books. He also really liked a book called Kitten's First Full Moon. Dr. Seuss books come in hardcover and are good for that age too.

Growing boob by book blog and This reading mama blog have great recommendations. Sorry no links handy on the phone m

What kind of books does he/she like (topic wise)?

Growing book by book but hey theveryone typo I made sounds like a great blog name!

And... There is no edit!

That's so hard, because DD reads anything with a long enough story line. She has liked Fancy Nancy, Pinkalicious, Madeline series, Little Critter series, Splat the Cat, Henry and Mudge, Annie and Snowball, The Paper Bag Princess, etc. Mostly, we go to the library, she picks about 15 books, and I pick another 15 or 20, mostly early readers.

Quote Originally Posted by anonsouthernbell View Post
    What kind of books does he/she like (topic wise)?
    I don't know. She likes owl moon, Perceval the beautiful butterfly, and disney books....pretty much anything!! We don't have a book she doesn't like. But all of her books are the cardboard books and she's too old for them so I need new books.

Some fun ones are the Herve Tuiellet books - they don't have much of a plot line but they are fun and kids seems to enjoy them (Press Here, The Book w/a Giant Hole in It). Some other favorites of my son's are Fly Guy books, Dr. Seuss, fractured fairy tales (The Three Little Tamales, The Three Ninja Pigs, etc), Eric Carle books, Mo Willems (Frog and Piggy, Knuffle Bunny series), Art Dog, 11 Science Experiments that Failed, It's a Tiger!, Chicks Run Wild, Nancy Tillman's books (Tumford the Terrible, plus all of her "love you" books - on the night that you were born, etc), Laura Numeroff books, Curious George, Judy Sierra has some good ones too (Wild About Books, etc),
    Last edited by anonsouthernbell; 07-06-2014 at 11:32 PM.

We love the Sandra Boynton books - short, silly board books. My 4 1/2 year old still loves them, too

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Our kids love the Moomins series!

Some of our favorites are Curious George books, Pinkalicious books, Pete the Cat, If you give a mouse a cookie (and others in that series), and lots of nonfiction books about animals and transportation. I recommend going to the library, too, to see what kind of books she likes. You can also ask the librarian if she has any recommendations. My library has a brochure with a list of suggestions, and I like trying out some of those books.

Oh ya she looooves curious George books!! So we went to the book store and spent $100 on books!!! We read 3 books a night and so far she keeps picking out frozen, pinkalicious, and I forget the last one.

My kids also love pinkalicious. Has anyone tried the purpalicious, goldenlicious etc? I have been thinking about getting those but not sure I should!

Quote Originally Posted by emma1978 View Post
    My kids also love pinkalicious. Has anyone tried the purpalicious, goldenlicious etc? I have been thinking about getting those but not sure I should!
    We have read a lot of them - we get them from the library. DD loves them all. I personally like the original the best though

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

We have, as well.

DD doesn't re-read books. It is for the most part, one and done, so we only buy books used, and get more at the library.

We have read many Pinkalicious books, but the original is the favorite. I, personally, don't like the other ones, but my ids thought they wre ok. My kids do like the smaller Pinkalicious books, like Pinkalicious Halloween or Pinkalicious soccer stars.

Thanks!!