Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scan today...hmm, I'm nervous.

Default Scan today...hmm, I'm nervous.

Looking for thoughts. This is our LAST try, we of course want excellent chances.

Back ground...I took Letrozole 5mg cd3-7, then cd7-12 (tomorrow) 75iu Gonal F. I had my cd11 scan today. I have a 22mm and a 16.5mm on my L. My R has a 16mm. E2 was ONLY 313 (this alone makes me want to cancel...I have never had it that low with a possible 3 mature follies??? RE says the Letrozole is keeping it low, I am used to a big number 900-1100 during my straight Gonal F cycles.) LH 4.98. Lining was at 12 1/2 (I have never had one that thick before, usually I am at 10...is this too thick?)

As long as I get a - OPK tomorrow morning RE said to take my trigger tomorrow night and IUI Friday at 11am (If I get a + OPK in the am they want me to trigger right away and IUI will be Thursday.)

What do you think about the size difference in the follies, what chance does my 16 1/5 and 16 have, will the 22 get too big? Does that low E2 worry you? I can call off the IUI, save our last sample and try again. I am so scared, knowing this is it makes me really nervous. Would you trigger tomorrow night and IUI Friday? What if I surge on my own tomorrow and they want to do the IUI Thursday? I know this is my call in the end, and there are no sure things...but your thoughts are welcomed.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Hmmm, that is a puzzler for sure !

My E2 is always around 400 the day before or day of trigger so that seems about right to me considering you only have the one mature follie and 2 potentials. Your lining is great...I wouldn't worry about that at all.

The thing that would concern me is that big follie...I'd call it a "lead follie" and I doubt those other two smaller ones are going to catch up. Unfortunately, that is one potential drawback of the Femara...it can cause one follie to get nice and fat, but it prevents any others from maturing.

With your RE's current protocol of triggering tomorrow (it isn't likely you'll get a +opk with a hybrid cycle) I would really be concerned about losing the lead follie since you don't know for sure if those other two are even going to catch up.

If it were my RE he would tell me I had 1 follie and have me trigger tonight.

Ugh, I'm so sorry momma, but to be honest this cycle would make me very very nervous if it were my last shot ! It's not that it wouldn't result in a viable pg, just that I know you're hoping for a few more targets for those spermies and I honestly think you're only going to have the one. It would also make me extremely nervous waiting another day to trigger because of the risk of losing the one follie you do have at this point.

I don't want to sway you at all...just my opinion...I had so hoped you'd get a definite direction today !!

On an encouraging note this baby was conceived on a cycle with a lead follie...however, I did trigger on the day of my follie check (cd10) and my follie was only 17.5 if I remember correctly (I had two smaller ones that were 13.5 and had considered waiting 24hrs to trigger but my RE said I'd risk losing the lead follie).

Thinking of you ! Please kup on what you decide...this is a tough one for sure, but I do believe whatever decision you make will be the right one despite the outcome .

Oh, and you could request another u/s tomorrow in the morning to see what those follies are doing...it might give you a better feel about whether to go ahead or cancel. Just a thought

I wish I had advice to give but I can send positive thoughts & prayers your way!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I did a lot of Googling and it seems a lower E2 is very common with Let/Fe, as they are estrogen inhibitors. I saw a few ladies that had their RE's tell them 50-100 per mature follie is good, and most don't check E2 at all since they know it will be low.

My office didn't seem worried that I would lose the 22 if I triggered tomorrow night, but did not want me to wait any longer than that.
    My LH is low...I think that starts to rise when you are about to ovulate, right? So that leads me to think the 22 is not in a big hurry. I took morning OPK's the last 3 days, and did a late afternoon one today too...all -.
    They thought the 16's could hit 18 by tomorrow night...maybe even close to 19 (Really nice to hear you had a 17.5 work for you.) Since I did the Gonal F piggy back would the follies be mature at a smaller size than if I was only on the Letrozole?

I am really torn. I have no more Gonal F left if I wanted to try another hybrid cycle...I could get some I'm sure. But wanting the follies to not only number 2-3 AND be closer in size on a low dose might be asking too much LOL. What to do, what to do.

I will talk to the hubby and see what he thinks...thanks for the input guys.

My RE considered my follies mature/trigger-ready at 17 so I do think a hybrid cycle matures them better without super-sizing them.

LOL, I hope I didn't come across as a Debbie Downer in my post !! I think there's lots of hope with this cycle and although I'd have the same reservations/thoughts you're having I sure wouldn't feel it was a bust by any means !!!

Eta...and it's true, lol, you could probably wait around forever for the perfect cycle with the perfect number and size of follies, but will it really improve your odds...who even knows !!! There are so many variables and so many possible outcomes, but in the end it boils down to just needing 1 good egg and 1 good sperm to do their thing...hoping and praying momma !!!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 07-08-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks, and no you didn't

Jason thinks we should go for it, he said our last three tries have been a little closer to perfect than this and didn't work...so he thinks maybe a not so perfect cycle will do the trick...I wonder if part of him just wants to be done and I can't say a part of me doesn't feel that way too.

He did bring up that the trio (clomid + trigger) were 18.5, 16.5 and 16 and I triggered the next night. Who knows, maybe my body doesn't like the big hefty follies??? When I got pregnant with Jericho (HMG-lepori + trigger) I had an 18 and a 17.5 and triggered that night.

I wonder if I give the 16.5 and 16 all day today and all day tomorrow then trigger, that 22 may over ripen, but I could have 2 possibles with them?? With such a low LH level I don't think I will ovulate anytime soon...but who knows.

Ugh, I am leaning towards going for it...I know I will be upset and kick myself if it doesn't work, but I would probably do that if I wait and the next cycle doesn't work. I don't want to drag this out anymore. I'm driving myself crazy enough as it is Hahaha.

You're always between a rock and a hard place with decisions like these. I have no helpful experience to offer you, but I want you to know that my fingers are crossed for you and I think your husband has a good point. I will look forward to seeing what you decide and cheering you on whichever way you go!

So I think we have decided to go for it, as long as I don't get a + OPK before I trigger tomorrow night. If I do surge before trigger I think we will call it off and try again. I am honestly hoping I make it to trigger, I think those 16's could be my rock stars I have never had luck with big honking follies...it has always been med ones, under 20mm, that seem to do it for me.

Super excited for you and hoping for no surge !!!!!

Cmon follies, do your thing !!

Thanks Momma

Keep us updated. Praying for no surge!

My follies were all between 16.5 and 20 when I conceived my older twins. I had one 20 and 2 smaller in 16 range. Triggered that night. I think you still have a great chance! I was taking Fullistim(can't remember spelling) injections.

And my lining was really thick that cycle which was polar opposite of cycle before where it was so thin. So I say that's another bonus!

Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Here's hoping everything goes perfectly!!!
    ~Andrea~

It's trigger day !!!!!!!

Cmon follies!!

Everything crossed for you Katrina !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support and + stories and vibes!

I have been taking my OPKs all day...3 - so far, though the last one around 5pm was getting darker. I am going to take one more at 9pm...if it is still - I will trigger at 10 and do this thing. I feel some action going on in there...not 'O' action but both sides feel awake if that makes sense. I'm so nervous, this is IT!

I have a feeling if this doesn't work I will be getting a puppy next summer LMAO!! ;)

Good luck!!! Fingers crossed!!

Best of luck, Katrina! I'll be thinking about you!
    Jennifer

Did you get a +opk last night?

Thinking of you and praying your IUI goes perfectly !!!

I told dh the same thing with my final cycle...that if it didn't work he was getting me a puppy!

I took my last OPK at 8:40pm and it was still -. We got busy with the triplets, failed, birthday cake...so I didn't get my trigger until 11:15 instead of 10, but my IUI is 10:45am Friday so the timing should be fine. My temp spiked this morning, I corrected it on my chart, it always spikes the morning after my trigger...I am not feeling any 'O' pains, hopefully that will hit me tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone for the support...I hope to have good news to share soon, but if not I know I can come here for great support. I thank you all.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Timing sounds great !!!

My temp always spikes after the trigger too .

LOL, I don't mean to keep bringing up my last cycle, but I'm seriously still so shocked it worked , but anyway, I had way less ovary pain during stims and post-trigger than with previous cycles so everything is crossed for you !!!

You're almost to the 2ww...eek, I hope you can stay busy and it goes by quickly...praying it won't be too brutal !!!!!!

My T&Ps are with you momma !

Kelly, I think any mention to your last cycle is perfectly welcomed!

Thanks guys!

Yeah Kelly no complaints from me at all

I think the 2ww is going to be brutal, but I will get through it. The kids Bday party is the day after my IUI, the next day is another kids bday party, on Tuesday we have horseback riding (I'll be sitting out just in case ), a week after the IUI we have a BBQ with friends planned, then at 10DPO I will start testing, and the RE set my beta early this time for the 23rd. So I think I will be just busy enough to not go too crazy LOL.

Blog Entries

Praying!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Praying for you Katrina! Big hugs and lots of luck to you!!!
    Me-Kelly (29) DH-Phillip (33) 2 unexplained losses. Ready for a rainbow baby!

Lots of prayers for you Katrina! Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Thinking you this morning and praying for a perfect IUI !!

I'm glad you have lots of activities planned...that definitely helps sanity levels a little

Go little spermies, GO!!!!!!