Thread: Root Canal ?!?!

Default Root Canal ?!?!

Hi all !!

I went to the dentist yesterday. Turns out i have an abscessed tooth, they started me on antibiotics and we have to do a root canal. I am currently 29 weeks and will be 31 weeks on scheduled root canal. Does anyone have experience with this during pregnancy?! They said 2nd trimester would've been preferred, but it is what it is. I kind of want to "get it over with" before the baby comes, but of course I don't want to hurt him. Thoughts? TIA Colette
    Billy (39) Colette (32) Calen (10-3-07) & Ciera (9-9-09)

I don't have any experience with this, but I am sorry that you're having to deal with it. That certainly sounds like NO fun.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

I didn't treat root canals but I had to have fillings with anesthetic in 1st and 2nd trimester twice. I think you should be ok. I remember some mamas here had root canals treated this late on. Ask also on moms in general - more traffic there.

I happened to see this even though I don't belong here...

I did not have a root canal done while pregnant but I had one a few years ago and really it's just like getting a cavity filled a gazillion times. The most irritating thing about it is that you have to go back a bunch of times and it's a lot of drilling. You don't feel anything except the novocaine shot and it's just a lot of drilling and more annoying than anything else. There will probably be some xrays involved so I would be more worried about that than the procedure.

It's not fun especially while pregnant! But really not as bad as it's reputation...
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Thanks! Im not exactly looking forward to it, but I'll be glad to get it out of the way!

Did all go well?

Sorry for the delay, but yes!! And now im due any day