Thread: Endometrial Cancer

Default Endometrial Cancer

My last post was deleted, so I'm reposting.

I had an ablation, D&C and Polyp removal 3 weeks ago today. I had heavy bleeing with abnormally large clots, 14 day periods and horrible cramping. My OBGYN sent the scraping from my D&C and the polyps to pathology as a precaution, but one of the polyps came back as malignant.

The technical term for my cancer is Uterine Neoplasm Malignant Adenocarcinoma.

They are supposed to be calling me back soon with an appointment to an Oncologist. I'm SO anxious about this appointment. I will have a vaginal hystorectomy in the next couple of months. She talked to the oncologyst about my case and they agreed that they should do the surgery together. After I meet with him he will decide if he thinks I should leave my ovaries or not.

The range of emotions that come along with this diagnosis are just crazy! I'm only 30. I guess that just goes to show that cancer doesn't discriminate. If you guys could spare some positive thoughts and prayers I'd truly appreciate it.
    Last edited by LaurenMomof2; 07-02-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Lauren (29) Wife of 10 years to J.R.(30) Mom to Bayleigh (8) & Jack (3)

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenMomof2 View Post
    My last post was deleted, so I'm reposting.

I had an ablation, D&C and Polyp removal 3 weeks ago today. I had heavy bleeing with abnormally large clots, 14 day periods and horrible cramping. My OBGYN sent the scraping from my D&C and the polyps to pathology as a precaution, but one of the polyps came back as malignant.

The technical term for my cancer is Uterine Neoplasm Malignant Adenocarcinoma.

They are supposed to be calling me back soon with an appointment to an Oncologist. I'm SO anxious about this appointment. I will have a vaginal hystorectomy in the next couple of month. She talked to the oncologyst about my case and they agreed that they should do the surgery together. After I meet with him he will decide if he thinks I should leave my ovaries or not.

The range of emotions that come along with this diagnosis are just crazy! I'm only 30. I guess that just goes to show that cancer doesn't discriminate. If you guys could spare some positive thoughts and prayers I'd truly appreciate it.
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't know what to say. But I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts and keeping you and your family in my prayers. Praying that you are OK.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

I'm so sorry to see that you're having to go through this. Good thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your family, for your speedy recovery. I hope you are able to keep the ovaries, those hormones are SO important!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Thinking if you!

I am so sorry you are facing this Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Prayers and hugs to you and your family. I am glad they have an initial plan to you. I can only imagine the emotions running around you right now.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prayers sent. I am so sorry
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Oh, Lauren, I'm so sorry! Sending lots of virtual hugs. I will keep you in my thoughts for peace and the wisdom of your doctors.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Blog Entries

Oh no, I am very sorry to hear your news! I will keep you in my thoughts...I hope your medical team works together for a successful surgery and quick recovery. Hugs!!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

I'm so sorry Lauren! Lots of thoughts and prayers!
    Jennifer

Aw bummer. I'm glad they found it so you can deal with it and get on the other side of it. If you want to PM me I am happy to chat about being a mom with cancer. It's...a perspective changer...
    Lots of us get through it and beat it, and you will too. One step at a time.

Thank you all so much for your responses. It's been such an eye opening thing for sure. People have been great and I couldn't ask for a better support system.

Oh no !! I'm so sorry you're facing this... thinking of you Lauren and praying for no complications throughout this process, for quick remission, and for a smooth recovery!

I'm so glad to hear you've got a great support system...that just makes all the difference I'm sure !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'm so very sorry . Praying for you !!

15. Default

Oh Lauren, lots of prayers to you. I hope the surgery goes well!
    Sarah (31) & DH Matt (35)

Will be thinking of you.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

My surgery is scheduled for 06/30. I'm not really anxious about the surgery, but I'm so anxious that they will find more cancer. I'm ready to get it over with!

Praying for the best outcome. Did u mean 7/30?

Hoping for the very best. You will be in our thoughts.

i must have replied to the deleted post. My husband's cousin was dx july 3rd with endometrial cancer as well. She's having her surgery thursday. I'll be praying for you both!

Good luck with the surgery. I hope that they find nothing more and get it all. prayers sent, fingers and toes crossed. be well.

good luck, i hope that all goes well and that you have a fast recovery.

Prayers that surgery goes well, and you have a quick and easy recovery!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    i must have replied to the deleted post. My husband's cousin was dx july 3rd with endometrial cancer as well. She's having her surgery thursday. I'll be praying for you both!
    I hope everything goes well for her! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post
    Praying for the best outcome. Did u mean 7/30?
    Yes! I meant 7/30. I'm not sure where my brain is!

Thinking of you! Hoping for doctors' wisdom, fast healing and a great outcome for the surgery.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Prayers for you momma!! Hoping they get everything in one shot so you can put this chapter behind you!!
    ~Andrea~

Blog Entries

Praying for you and this surgery.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD