Thread: I have...

Default I have...

...Colostrum eep, cannot wait to bf again !!

I was thinking back last night to when I was bfing my dd and ds...I sure miss those days and closeness . I had to wean because of a methotrexate injection for suspected ectopic. I waited the 4wks and tried to bf them, but neither of them were interested anymore. It was sad, but in light of our TTC journey and wanting to complete our family with one more bio baby I feel now, the timing was right...just very difficult at the time. DD was 3yrs+1month and ds was 15months so I'm super thankful for the amount of time we did have . DS had food protein intolerances so I had to be on a specific diet while bfing to help control his reflux and really, it would have taken an awful lot of focus and hard work to get the nutrition needed to support myself, a pg, and bfing so I don't have any regrets...just looking forward to starting the bfing relationship again with this LO .

Anyone else as geeked as I am about bfing again? Any apprehensions? Who will eventually be pumping? Any FFing mommas here?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I can't wait to start even though I know it will be tough at first.

I've noticed one breast has more leakiness than the other--as in one does and the other practically doesn't at all, is that normal? I pretty much have chalked up everything that isn't painful or bleeding as normal LOL! So some reassurance would be nice.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I'm excited, too! Although it feels like I *just* weaned DS2 sometimes, BFing a baby is different than BFing a toddler. DS2 was around 33months when he was finally fully night weaned, which was just this past February. It has been nice to have a break and I am sure that I won't feel quite as "touched out" once I start back up BFing this LO as I felt when DS2 came along, as the age difference is a year more. I was kinda bummed about a bigger age difference, at first, but I am seeing some of the positives now.

Natalie, I have a dominant breast that just seems to have a bit more milk and leak a bit more, so I think that's perfectly fine. I love your outlook that if it isn't painful or bleeding it's probably normal. That's probably true 99% of the time.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm looking forward too. My breasts are leaking and have been for a while...my left is my dominant side and I can get more from that. I have an overactive let down so I'm not looking forward to the first 6-8 weeks until baby gets use to that ....

I've actually never felt letdown and I've never noticed it being fast or slow ... but I do recall the huge over abundance of milk once it finally came in last time. I wonder if it's going to be even worse a 3rd time ...

I recall taking A LOT of showers to relieve pressure. I was afraid to pump because I didn't want to stimulate MORE milk. I'll probably pump this time because I have a deep freezer and I'll be able to store the milk for 6 - 12 months. I'll store in ice cube tray increments this time for use in thinning out first foods.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas yes the first 6 weeks I pumped too. I think I got like 200 oz in those weeks alone. Then my milk self regulated and it slowed down. My letdown is painful at times. Its SOOOOOOOO fast in the beginning. Usually with the boys I would let them suck then when I felt let down I would have to pull them off and squirt in a cloth diaper liner for a minute until it slows and relatech them. Until they get the hang of it. I remember them choking and spitting up and fussing if I didn't pull them off. Once they got older and use to it each boy handeled it different. I remember Micah would take his toungue and cover my nipple until the flow slowed down. It was cute.. U tried every technique and in the end it was just something they had to get use to...

Natalie, I have a dominant side too .

Brenda, I used to have a really strong let down reflex too with an overabundant supply and had to do the unlatch-spray-into-cloth-diaper thing . I haven't with my last few babies though...not sure why the difference .

Wow. With my first pregnancy I never leaked and I had heard about everyone leaking and was wondering what was wrong with me! lol We breastfed exclusively for 9 months then started adding other things to help compensate because I was working 10 hours a day. I squeezed last night and I got nothing out But it's probably too early! All I know is I already up from a D cup to at least an E cup and spilling out of that! So ready to face the challenge of breastfeeding twins.

Rachel, I haven't had leakiness with every pg...I have no idea why it's different with some pgs . My bbs are really sore lately though...they were hardly sore at all my entire 1st tri and they didn't get any bigger, but these last few weeks they have really grown and they ache so I'm guessing that's why they're suddenly leaking colostrum . I actually noticed it because I took my bra off for some relief from the pressure...had to let the girls out, they were smothering .

I'm practically flat when I'm not pg or bfing...going to miss having bbs when this baby weans, lol, I may bf for 5yrs just to keep the side benefits .

Yay! The milkies are at work!!!! I got so engorged this time. I didn't have that with dd2. But then again I stopped bf less than 6 months ago. Happy for you!