Thread: BFP Today!

Default BFP Today!

Hi Ladies!
    I got my BFP this morning at 9dpo, surprisingly bright after testing negative just yesterday morning. I tested again this afternoon and it was MUCH brighter again! I hope that means the baby is nice and comfy in there.

I used to participate on these boards a lot, but left in 2011 when my son was born. Is there anybody who remembers me out there? It looks a lot different around here - is it me or is this board a lot smaller than it used to be? Where did everybody go? I would use babycenter, but it is SO darn big, it feels impersonal and hard to get to know anybody. Can anybody tell me why it all is so different?

We found out yesterday that our landlord's estate is selling our rental and giving us 2 months to get out - so I also have a cross country move with a toddler coming up shortly! This should be an interesting pregnancy!

Anyhow, I look forward to a H&H 9 months with you all!
    Last edited by AuGratin; 06-27-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Dee - 35, DH - 40, DS - 3, Expecting #2 in early March 2015!

Positive_9dpo.jpg
    Trying to attach picture of my BFPs. One on the left is FMU at 9dpo, and one on the right is just 6 hours later!

Congratulations on your BFP and best of luck with your move!
    Amanda, Wife to Andrew - 6/19/08
    Momma to stillborn son, Maddox (39+1) - 12/13/11
    Expecting our second miracle - 2/13/15
    owlsandoaks.wordpress.com

Congratulations and welcome to the room! I am new here so I can't speak to changes in this site. Our DD room does seem a bit small so far, but I am sure it will start picking up soon. Regardless, I have found that the ladies on APA are extremely supportive of one another and it is a wonderful place to share thoughts, concerns, and joy throughout this journey together!
    Cheryl [34] DH [35] EDD: 01/14/15
    01/14

We don't keep to our own rooms, so it's not as small as it currently feels. ;)

I am a May 2011 Mom, when was your LO born?

Congrats on your BFP!! Good luck with the move!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

There was a mass exodus when the APA forums went public. The STC room really took a hit.

Congrats on your BFP!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post

Me too!! I often wonder about everyone from that room.

congrats of your BFP!! Good luck with you move too!! hope it goes smoothly for you.
    Hollie(32) & DH- Ken(33)DD1- Autumn DD2- Raegan

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs608 View Post
    Congratulations on your BFP and best of luck with your move!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the room! I am new here so I can't speak to changes in this site. Our DD room does seem a bit small so far, but I am sure it will start picking up soon. Regardless, I have found that the ladies on APA are extremely supportive of one another and it is a wonderful place to share thoughts, concerns, and joy throughout this journey together!
    Thank you! Yay! So it sounds like even if the numbers may be smaller the good folks of APA are supportive as before. Glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post

Thanks! My LO was born October 2011. I was friends with so many ladies from my birth room, but we lost touch after a tragedy happened in our birth room - it was just too painful and scary to come back for a while after one of our birth room moms lost her baby at 7 months old, I think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    There was a mass exodus when the APA forums went public. The STC room really took a hit.

Congrats on your BFP!
    Thanks! What does "went public" mean? I always thought this thing was public before, I guess. Shows how much I know - I'm not very careful about my use of the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by buki919 View Post
    Me too!! I often wonder about everyone from that room.

congrats of your BFP!! Good luck with you move too!! hope it goes smoothly for you.
    Thanks! Yay! Happy to see some mommies from a former birth room reunited!

Congrats and welcome!!

Wooohoooooo, huge congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember you ...I joined in July 2011 and was in the March 2012 DD room. It was a tough blow to your dd room and to the whole board I think

I think the boards shrunk a bit when a lot of the dd room ladies started forming FB groups...which is awesome they're still supporting and encouraging one another there, but it does make the rooms seem a bit slower. We also started doing personalized "update threads" and some rooms do a lot of posting in their N.E.Ts.

Dorcas is right though...none of us really stay in our own rooms anyway .

Super excited to stalk you through a HH9M !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I remember you! I had a December 2011 baby and am now due I'm a couple weeks with girl #3. Glad to see you back and congrats on your pregnancy.

Congratulations First of all!! And welcome back! I was a big part of the forums in 2010 with my first pregnancy. I was shocked to see what happened as well, but like some have said. We kind of bounce around to every due date room to keep it going. It is very slow and not as talkative as it used to be, but still more personal than those other sites!! Good luck, I'll check back for more updates.

Thanks ladies! Can you guys tell me about some other boards that are not as crowded as BabyCenter? I'll still come here, just hoping for something a little more active too.

My Nov DD club at Justmommies.com is pretty active...not sure about the March club though: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...ub-march-2015/
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Congratulations! Hope you have a good pregnancy! Sticky vibes! Yes, we all wonder around even after our LOs are born. You can clearly see I have too much time on my hands cause you know, newborns really don't need any attention lol kidding - thanks to my mom who took over the household matters and helps rocking the babe and taking 2 year old out for walks.

Congratulations!