I figured you guys would appreciate how humiliating this was....

Monday night was my mom's retirement party thrown by her co-workers (she is a teacher). I did NOT want to make a speech but I knew it would mean a lot to my mom if I said something so I planned a small speech. DD1 wrote a little speech too and read it, DD2 said congrats over the microphone. So I hand the mic to DD3 so she could say something cute like "hi grammie" or something. Well, that was the dumbest move in history because of course she didn't really know what it was so she wanted to grab it and just play with it. So now I am trying to wrestle it from her and she is flipping out yelling no and pulling on it. We are ALL dressed up and this is in front of NINETY people! Finally I get the mic and she FLIPS out and throws a major screaming tantrum which is all amplified by the microphone. It was probably one of the most, if not THE most humiliating experiences of my life!

I know no one was thinking anything bad but a public tantrum is bad enough much less at a formal event in front of 90 people over a microphone!

Supposedly people said I handled it gracefully. I really have no idea I think I blocked it all out lol. Meanwhile it totally threw me off because DH had to take her out of the room and I was frazzled and also needed him for part of my speech! Ugh, it was 3 days ago and I still get embarrassed when I think about it!

She is lucky she is cute lol! Oy....