Thread: So. .. Frozen club, anyone?

Default So. .. Frozen club, anyone?

While I grew up with lullabies my almost 2 year old HAS to do one performance of Let it go before she falls asleep for nap or bed time. I don't mind it but it is just too funny!

You have more patience than I do.
    *** Lindsay ***

How cute! lol
    Have you taken video of that yet?

I used to drive my son crazy because everyone would sing it at school and then he'd come home and I'd be singing it too (I think I like it more than he does anyway, lol) After a while the craze died down at school so he didn't mind when I'd sing it.
    I thought it was funny though, the other day he said that Frozen isn't a musical because "there are only two songs, do you wanna build a snowman and let it go" and I started naming the other songs and he was like, oh yeah. I thought it was funny that he only remembered the two most popular songs!

My daughter will knock on any closed door and do a full rendition of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" She doesn't even watch the movie anymore - I think she's sick of it - but she still loves the soundtrack.

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14

I do my best screechy 'Let it Go' (that song really grates on my nerves), just to get under Mira's skin. She will attempt to retaliate by telling me that 'Do you want to build a snowman?' is an awful song.

I can't be thankful enough that my boys didn't seem to care about that movie and its soundtrack. I saw a news piece the other day about Pearl Jam covering "Let it Go" and I was like "what song is that?" That is how peacefully oblivious I am to Frozen's soundtrack.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Blog Entries

My kids still have never seen that movie so we live a blissfully free Frozen life. Well, except for all the things that post up on facebook.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

My 2yr old is starting to let go of her frozen obsession. She would recognize Let it go on the radio in just a couple notes, and sang Summertime in the loudest and deepest voice possible for a little girl, lol. She had entire scenes from the movie memorized and would act them out. Some days she would be Elsa and ask for one braid, other days she wore 2 braids and was Ana.

Now she's moved on to Toy story

You know, I'm counting this as one if the benefits of infertility. I still have to hear my preschoolers singing it at work, though. Make.it.stop!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 06-25-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    You know, I'm counting this as one if the benefits of infertility. I still have to hear my preschoolers singing it at work, though. Make.it.stop!
    Mandy, Mira seems unaware that DVDs of Disney movies exist, for which, I will be eternally grateful. She has seen Frozen twice, and turned down the chance to watch it a third time, so maybe she is over it. She does enjoy watching the songs on YouTube, however.

I actually thought it was a really well done movie. I absolutely loved that the ending was not about "true love's kiss", but about love being selfless and toward her sister. I also thought it was great that "love at first sight" was not glorified, and how it showed that two imperfect people can make a perfect couple. So I don't mind that my girls love the movie. I made them each an Elsa inspired dress (and Carter has Ana pajamas), and Lily went to a couple Frozen themed parties.

Of course, they don't watch it every day or sing the songs every day, so I am not burned out on it. (Although I am a big fan of Idina Menzel, so I wouldn't burn out as quickly on it anyway).

Oh man I just got that song out of my head until I saw this post, lol!

We are definitely members here! DD has seen the movie a number of times, and she makes us listen to the soundtrack in the car all the time. Just a couple of weeks ago she sort of moved on from it, but then yesterday asked me to play Let It Go on my phone so she could sing along - so not entirely over it just yet

I agree with Polly that it is a good movie, so there are worse movies she could feel like watching over and over.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)