Thread: Green tea and nausea :X

Default Green tea and nausea :X

Ugh, I had never heard that drinking green tea on an empty stomach causes nausea or that it should be avoided by people with GERD/gastritis until I looked it up this morning . I ran out of my fruity teas (herbal, non-caffeinated) and had some peach green tea so thought I'd try it (my mil gave it to us)...feeling so nauseous ! I'm just glad it hit before I drank the whole cup (I dumped the rest) .

I have so much to do this morning before I leave for my appt (have to leave 11:45/noonish)...I sure hope this passes soon! If it doesn't go away within an hour, I'm taking zofran...I refuse to reschedule my appts today .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I've never heard that either! I thought it had a soothing effect! Shows what I know...

Oh no! Sorry Kelly! I didn't know that either.... Maybe it was just more to do with the empty stomach? Even not preggo I start feeling nauseous with an empty stomach (mainly in warm weather though).
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Yes even when not orego I get nauseous with green tea..actually any tea especially with caffeine on an empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    Yes even when not orego I get nauseous with green tea..actually any tea especially with caffeine on an empty stomach.
    Im the same way if i try caffinated or non herbal tea at breakfast im super nauseous, dont know how some people do it! Only thing that helps me feel better is if i puke or get a sandwich and a nap in, hope u feel better

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

Yep green tea is very stimulating especially when flavoured. In China they absolutely freak out when a pg woman drinks anything caffeine. There are some types of tea that are good for pregnancy. But I am not a green tea person so I never investigated much.

I felt much better after having some milk and laying down for awhile, but wow, green tea is absolutely out for me, lol, probably forever !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Lol, better safe for the rest of time than sorry right? Hahahahahah
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks