Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 75

Thread: Ember/butane updates

  1. #1

    Default Ember/butane updates

    So, I didn't want to start this thread until I had my first ultrasound, but since I'm spending my day in bed, I figured why not?

    I'll start this by saying how unbelievably nervous I am right now, I've been having super light spotting today, no pain or cramps but, spotting alone made me nervous enough to spend the whole day in bed aaaaaand have a plan to go to the ER tomorrow even if the spotting doesn't get worse, because I'm over worried. To add, since i got a more supportive bra, the last two days my breasts have been less sore, and I immediately think it's me losing a symptom and miscarrying.

    This is me and my constant worry.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    O Ember my heart goes out you right now. I understand the nervousness that spotting can cause and for your peace of mind going to the ER isn't a bad idea. Symptoms do come and go especially early on so hang in there. How are things now? I'll say a prayer for you and your little. Please keep us posted.

  3. #3

    Default

    I just got back from the ER, because I saw red and got nervous, the spotting stopped while there aaaaaand

    A VIABLE intrauterine pregnancy was found
    Small fetal pole with a heartbeat between 116 and 136 bpm
    Hcg level of 18 thousand and some change.


    I am feeling sooooo much better!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    So glad all was well on your ER trip!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  5. #5

    Default

    Now I'm worried that something's wrong because the paperwork specified "small fetal pole" small is bad!

    Hopefully, when I get my next ultrasound on the 7th, everything is totally normal.

  6. #6

    Default

    How far along do you think you are?

    Small can just be a descriptor and nothing more.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  7. #7

    Default

    6w5d now.

    Guess that everything is making more nervous

  8. #8

    Default

    Everything is making me nervous, uuuugh stupid smartphone

  9. #9

    Default

    I totally understand. It's unfortunately a by product of early pregnancy.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I am sorry you are going through this but am glad to hear that everything is okay with your little one. I also have been having off and on symptoms and it definitely causes anxiety. My next ultrasound is Wednesday, and it seems that the closer I get, the more I think about something being wrong. This seems to be pretty normal and usually the baby is just fine, so I am trying to focus on that positive thought. Hang in there!
    Cheryl [34] DH [35] EDD: 01/14/15
    01/14

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,471

    Default

    those first few weeks are crazy hard !!!! Seeing a heartbeat drops the odds of loss down to 5% which means the chances of success are 95% or better !

    Thinking of you and praying praying praying for a continued HH9M !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  12. #12

    Default

    Thanks Kelly, I went back again today.... pre written rant ahead, just written though.

    I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrage, the bleeding has stemmed but I'm going to be taking it much easier.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,471

    Default

    !

    I had a subchorionic hemorrhage this pg...the bleeding stopped entirely around 13wks, but wowsa was it ever nerve-wracking !!

    I think your little bean is going to make, hang in there, I know it's tough, but yup, lots of rest and stay well hydrated !!

    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  14. #14

    Default

    Sorry, I ended up taking the rant out but not the intro to it, I decided it was propane.

    Basically, the doctor who saw me was incredibly callous, and actually initially denied me an ultrasound, but not before saying "what I'm getting at is, you took so long to take a test, why the hell do you care so much now?"

    Seriously, just that statement alone is far too emotionally triggering in my current state.

    Thanks Kelly, I have the option, in my living situation, to go on almost total bedrest, and I think I'm going to gladly take it.

    On the plus side I got progesterone pills, literally the doctor gave them to me just in case, after being completely insensitive and having a crying pregnant woman in her ER for twohours, i guess anything to get me out out her hair would do, since they don't test any level other than hcg and wouldn't have a reason to give them to me, unfortunately I haven't gotten insurance worked out and there is no way in hell i could have gotten them with that sort of price tag uuuugh

    Thank you again for the well wishes and kind words Kelly, hopefully this nightmare will get sorted

  15. #15

    Default

    Profane uuugh screw this smartphone i

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PAC NW
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Lots of as you go through this worrying time! Thinking of you and hoping these early weeks pass quickly with a healthy baby.
    Jess, Jake, Ella & Gemma



  17. #17

    Default

    On the lighter side, these were the instructions with my progesterone... honestly, I'd be rather concerned if I had more than one...


  18. #18

    Default

    I think some people do have to use more.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13



  19. #19

    Default

    I meant how it says 1 cap per vagina... last I checked, I only had 1 vagina

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,471

    Default

    oh my word that is hysterical!!!! Ya, they could have chosen different wording for sure !

    I'm soooo sorry you weren't treated better in ER...that's just awful !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  21. #21

    Default

    I got the progesterone pills, and yet, since Benjamin has gone to work, I haven't been able to stop crying because completely convinced that the worst is going to happen, and just being. Pregnant and weepy

  22. #22

    Default

    I'm finally an insured woman, waiting for the doctor's office to open so I can schedule an appointment!!

    I've never been so excited about a doctor

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,471

    Default

    great news!! I can't wait for you to have a care-provider to call and not have to depend on the insensitive staff at ER !!!

    Thinking of you and praying things keep progressing normally !

    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  24. #24

    Default

    First appointment on the 3rd, it's just to.confirm the pregnancy.... again uuuugh. Then I'll have to wait for my first proper prenatal appointment. Noooooo. I don't want to wait anymore lol

    6 days to get another ultrasound is bad enough

  25. #25

    Default

    So ladies, my appointment is 5 days away, buuuut I am feeling only slight trepidation, mainly because I'm part way through my fourth day with no bleeding yaaaaaaay!!!!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,471

    Default

    wooohooooo, so excited the bleeding has stopped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    waiting is tough for sure, but really praying the time passes quickly!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels






  27. #27

    Default

    Thanks Kelly, I'm super ecstatic about not having any bleeding, but man all these weird sensations in my pelvis are driving me crazy, even called my new OBs office to make sure that was normal lol

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PAC NW
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Do glad to hear the bleeding has stopped!!

  29. #29

    Default

    Thanks!!!

    Today is the end of day 6 with no bleeding yaaaaaaay!!!!! Benjamin and I even dtd (gently) and still nothing, but I can't help but be so scared, rather than excited for my appointment on the third

    Why am I such a pessimist?

  30. #30

    Default

    Hooray for no bleeding! I hear you on the pessimism. This is my third pregnancy (one blighted ovum, one became DS, and now) and with each one, I usually can't relax until I hear a heartbeat or see my first little squirming guppy on ultrasound. I only say that to encourage you that some pessimism is relatively common, I think. Even my pregnancy journal had a blurb about a week in that said some anxiety was totally normal until you had a couple healthy check ups.

    Fingers crossed for a H&H9mos for you!
    Dee - 35, DH - 40, DS - 3, Expecting #2 in early March 2015!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •