Hi Ladies,
at my 38 weeks appointment I got told that I was 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced and head on -1. So my ob and I figured we still had some time till birth.
However at midnight I woke up with some contractions. At three in the morning I woke up my husband because the contractions got stronger. They still were not completely in a pattern but made me uncomfortable. At four we decided to go to the hospital even though we hadn't a perfect pattern but the contractions were strong enough for me to get nauseous. We checked in an 4:30 p.m. and I was checked again. Only 2-3 cm dilated but more effaced. At eight in the morning I was 100% effaced but still not more dilated and really uncomfortable so we decided to go for an Epi as my hubby and I both didn't want IV pain medication and I realised I couldn't make it another 10 hours without any medis. Epi was a relive but slowed down the contraction rate so they added some oxi to keep them up. At 9.45 a.m. I felt the need to push and told the nurse. She checked again and was absolutely surprised to see me ready to give birth. The doctor arrived at 10 a.m. and Elina at 10:20
She is absolutely perfect. Her weight was exactely 6 lbs (Natalie you were right, they were quite off) and 20.5 inches. She cries almost never and sleeps a lot.
We're home now and started to recover. I will post a picture when I find the time.