Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prayers needed

Default prayers needed

my bff's 4 yr old son is not doing well. tuesday night she brought him to the er with abdominal pains and fever. it was appendicitis with a partial rupture. they immediately removed it but his health is getting worse... he can not eat, only vomit, even with the iv and anti vomiting meds he has not pottied. they got some stool and there was blood in it. he is in pain, dry heaving even in his sleep and they arranged for ambulance transport to a chicago hospital.. ( which for here means they are stable but critical condition and need more advanced help that what the 2 hospitals here can offer)
    please pray for his recovery, and for his mommas strength (her and the father are divorced)

Prayers said. How scary!!

Blog Entries

Prayers said.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

oh that is so awful Will be thinking positive thoughts for them.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Thinking of them! How awful for the little guy and his family.

Awww, poor pumpkin

Really praying the transport is just what he needs and he turns a corner for the better very very soon !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Sending healing vibes and prayers. Hope he gets better soon!!!

thanks ladies!

he was happy about the lights and sirens on the ambulance. but still not feeling well.
    they are waiting on a GI surgeon consult... hope he does not need a second surgery but sounds like there is no way around it.
    i will post another update soon as she posts one to fb
    Last edited by froggie83; 06-19-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Definitely sending prayers - poor guy!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Thinking good thoughts... How scary, esp for the little guy. I hope that he gets to go home very soon.

Oh gosh, how scary! Lots and lots of prayers!
    Jennifer

How very scary! Praying for a full recovery!
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

How scary! Hoping for a turn around soon!

yesterday she posted that he threw up the first NG tube and were waiting for them to replace it.
    today she posted this:
    "A is sleeping comfortably for the first time since his surgery! The nurse change is the only thing that woke me up just now and Anders still slept right through it. The NG tube is working well and Anders hasn't thrown up since about midnight. His belly is still distended, still little to no bowel noises (which means his intestines are still "sleeping" and we still can't move on from just water/ice chips), and we're waiting on our doctors (all 4 of them!) To do their rounds this morning"

things are looking a little better but still need those intestines to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    yesterday she posted that he threw up the first NG tube and were waiting for them to replace it.
    today she posted this:
    "A is sleeping comfortably for the first time since his surgery! The nurse change is the only thing that woke me up just now and Anders still slept right through it. The NG tube is working well and Anders hasn't thrown up since about midnight. His belly is still distended, still little to no bowel noises (which means his intestines are still "sleeping" and we still can't move on from just water/ice chips), and we're waiting on our doctors (all 4 of them!) To do their rounds this morning"

things are looking a little better but still need those intestines to wake up.
    At least he is not throwing up but, I am still hoping for the best. It all still sounds so scary. Thinking of your friend and his family!

he is doing much better, intestines still asleep but he has been asking for food, ice and water have stayed down, no more blood in the stool they have been taking (they think that a it may have been nicked during the appendectomy) his numbers and levels are looking better and he may get to try some food tomorrow night. they are taking the NG tube out tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that he will be able to eat and keep it down.

That is great news that he is moving in the right direction. Continuing to pray for more progress and good news!

How awful , I hope the poor little guy is feeling better tonight.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I am so glad to hear that he's starting to show some signs of improvement! Prayers still coming...
    Jennifer

Glad he is doing better! !!

they took the tube out (well he pulled it out trying to potty.) so they gave him a few hours to see what happened and he was showing signs of improvement so they let him try apple juice.. he puked it up, and pooped all over, and was once again miserably in pain, distended tummy and no digestive noises.. so the waiting continues. continue to pray that he improves and can once again eat like a normal boy

Blog Entries

Poor kiddo and parents. Since we just did the whole distended belly, no bowel noises, etc. with Malachi last year after his abdominal surgery I know how hard that is. The poop is good news, though! We had to wait for poop to even let him try food...
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Poor guy and poor parents. I will send prayers their way

Gosh, I just feel terrible for him.
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(27)DH(39) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

Poor guy! Hoping for more positive updates very soon. Still praying for them!

hes got some digestive sounds going on, trying clear liquids one more time and if the clear liquids fail again then they will be inserting a picc line. he was able to get out of bed and walk to the play room and have a few minutes of fun. he is asking for food but they are taking things slow and being extra cautious. his tummy is unhappy about the abdominal flush they did following the appendix rupture. dr said he could end up staying in the hospital for another full week...

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    hes got some digestive sounds going on, trying clear liquids one more time and if the clear liquids fail again then they will be inserting a picc line. he was able to get out of bed and walk to the play room and have a few minutes of fun. he is asking for food but they are taking things slow and being extra cautious. his tummy is unhappy about the abdominal flush they did following the appendix rupture. dr said he could end up staying in the hospital for another full week...
    Poor kid at least he is able to play for a big though. Thinking of the family.

Hope his little body takes control over these issue soon!

Poor little guy! I hope he's better soon! Lots of prayers!
    Jennifer

Blog Entries

Thinking of the little guy and his family!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)