Thread: Registry?

Default Registry?

My co-workers want to throw me a shower at work, which is really sweet but totally unnecessary. We're having another boy and he is due on DS's birthday, so everything will be in the same season. They keep asking me where I'm registered and I honestly hadn't even planned on it. What should I register for? We pretty much have everything saved from DS.

Maybe a double jogging stroller, but I feel like that might be a waste since DS will be 4 and can walk places (although he prefers to ride). I know every baby should be celebrated, but I honestly couldn't have more than 5 things on a registry at this point. Need ideas please!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I was in the same situation with DS #2..my friends wanted to throw a shower. So I registered for some updated items and a few things I WISHED i had with my first. Like some update towels and washcloths. A few really nice organic swaddle blankets. Diapers. butt paste and baby wash stuff. I also threw in some new sleepers and onsies and a few new toys. A new diaper bag. breasteeding supplies. Just getting updated things and getting newer items. I didn't need any big ticket items myself with my second. So I just added some things that I wanted with my first that I found would be helpful and replacing worn out items.

Also diapers and wipes (either disposable or cloth). In all sizes would probably be helpful to get you started. If your going to formula feed maybe some things for that.
    Last edited by pants; 06-18-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Brenda

Yes Like Pants said, register for all of the disposable type things! Ointments, diapers, wipes, shampoos, pads/ointments/storage bags for you if you are planning on breastfeeding, register for formula if you are not.

I've never been in a work/co-worker setting to know what's appropriate, lol, but would it be unreasonable when they ask about a registry to just say you already have everything but could really use diapers and wipes?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I agree with everything everyone else said.

When my coworkers threw me a shower for my 2nd it was a party with some cash in an envelope. Actually, a surprising amount of cash and it was the best gift EVER!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Thanks for the advice ladies! Totally forgot about all the disposable stuff...silly preggo brain!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Speaking of money as a gift, Here in China people don't have a baby shower. But when the baby turns 100 days old parents throw a dinner at a restaurant and everyone traditionally brings red envelops for the baby. It is usually minimum of 100 yuan (12 usd) but normally people give more so parents end up with enough money to pay for that dinner plus quite a bit leftovers. We never did it, of course, but we had some people coming to visit the baby and bringing the envelops instead of gifts.