Thread: Registry!

Default Registry!

So even though we aren't sure of the gender yet my mom and I started a registry for the babies! Wondering what are some of the items you wish you had or bought post baby? What are things you got that were a waste? What are things you could never have enough of? My mom is most likely throwing both my showers(my side and DH side) and they are both going to be diaper raffle showers since obviously I'll need a ton of those!

Here are some of the big things I registered for...
    2 car seats and a double stroller they snap into
    2 high chairs
    2 cribs and all the bedding etc
    Twin pack and play
    2 rock and plays
    2 swings
    2 play yards
    Double breast pump
    Monitor
    Twin breast feeding pillow
    Wash clothes
    Swaddled blankets
    Bibs
    Diaper genie
    Humidifier
    Tub and bath toys
    Dresser
    Changing pad and covers
    Bumbos
    A moby wrap (I'm hoping to wrap the babies at the same time)
    Some toiletries gift sets from Johnson and Johnson and honest company

What do you think?

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

If you have any pets (like I do) you will probably want some baby gates...depending on how often you go through them you may want to get a baby gate with an actual swinging gate to make it easier to go through.... I actually need to update my baby gates right now....lol
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I would get a breastmilk storage kit that goes with your breast pump. Bottles, bags, maybe even a small organizer for your freezer. You'll need tons and tons of diapers and wipes, so I would put those on their for sure.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    So even though we aren't sure of the gender yet my mom and I started a registry for the babies! Wondering what are some of the items you wish you had or bought post baby? What are things you got that were a waste? What are things you could never have enough of? My mom is most likely throwing both my showers(my side and DH side) and they are both going to be diaper raffle showers since obviously I'll need a ton of those!

Here are some of the big things I registered for...
    2 car seats and a double stroller they snap into
    2 high chairs
    2 cribs and all the bedding etc
    Twin pack and play
    2 rock and plays
    2 swings
    2 play yards
    Double breast pump
    Monitor
    Twin breast feeding pillow
    Wash clothes
    Swaddled blankets
    Bibs
    Diaper genie
    Humidifier
    Tub and bath toys
    Dresser
    Changing pad and covers
    Bumbos
    A moby wrap (I'm hoping to wrap the babies at the same time)
    Some toiletries gift sets from Johnson and Johnson and honest company

What do you think?
    Not sure if you will really need two of all of those things, is a play yard like a play pen? Whats a rock and play? A bouncer chair? friend of mine had twins a year ago a few weeks after my daughter was born, she said those bath chairs were genius cause sje could wash both together and her boys lived in the baby bjorn bouncy chairs while she would cook and tend to her daughter, as for things i found amazing, breastmilk storage bags for the freezer! And a mini blender for making avocado mush, squash etc rice cereal,when they start solids, diapers are always handy to get! A got a sleepyhead baby pillow i LOVED, would just put that on the couch or amd baby in until she could roll, or even used it for in our bed when we co slept, my daughters room is upstairs so i had baskets that fit right under the coffee table with extra changes of clothes so i didnt hAve to run upstairs all the time and leave my son unattended, burp cloths 15 or so! And those lionheart edge guards for tables and shelf corners! And yes baby gates

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon

On swings and bouncers I would recommend only getting one of each until you figure out what each baby likes. I had one kid who loved the bouncer and another hated it and neither of mine tolerated the swing at all.

Agreeing with the others about not needing two of everything. Also, if you have rock & plays do you need swings? Are they going to sleep in the cribs, p&p or r&p? All that gear takes up a ton of space.
    We have triplets & have always used two cribs except when they were little they slept in gliders. We only ended up using pack & plays recently with traveling.
    Also if you're serious about wrapping both, I would go straight to a woven. You'll get so much more use out of it. With two+ they really outgrow the weight comfort level of the Moby quickly. Practicing now with stuffed animals or dolls will really help make it easier once they are here & you're exhausted.

Don't forget all the nursing supplies...the storage bags for the freezer are a must, but you will also need the nipple cream (forget the name at the moment) and those gel packs you slip into your nursing bra for when you have discomfort. Oh yeah, and don't forget pads for your bra. Nothing like leaking through a shirt!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Peeping in: I would avoid J&J products. You might want to look for something more organic and natural. I am not sure if you can get Bebe Klorane in the US but it was the best soap/shower liquid I had with my both children until now and they are 5 and 2 years old!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    Peeping in: I would avoid J&J products. You might want to look for something more organic and natural. I am not sure if you can get Bebe Klorane in the US but it was the best soap/shower liquid I had with my both children until now and they are 5 and 2 years old!
    Shea Moisture and California baby are my favorites (Target, Meijer, Walgreens, and Walmart all sell Shea Moisture around here and Target sells California baby) !

One note on tub and bath toys...the squeezy ones that you can fill with water and squirt out *will* get full of mildew after 6-12months even if you're very diligent about squeezing all the water out of them between baths and since you can't wash the inside of them (I've tried by using vinegar and letting them sit, but I could still see the green stains even from the outside) you'll have to toss them to get new (they are ridiculously expensive IMO unless you get them at the dollar store and then you have to be concerned about PCBs). I just use regular toys/stuff especially the stacking cups, measuring spoons, or small beach toys with sifters, etc... .

I've never had twins, but I think if I were registering for two babies I *would* go ahead and just register for two of everything...I'd likely open one swing to see if both babies like it and if one really doesn't then you can always return, sell, or re-gift the other NIB swing. LOL, now if *I* had to purchase those items I might wait it out before buying a second swing, bumbo, etc...

I honestly think your list looks fantastic! I'm super excited for you to start getting baby stuff ...my SIL brought back my newborn size clothes and having my baby stuff in the house just makes it so much more real !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I don't personally think that bumbos are a good idea, but I know other people like them. Unless you're going to wait until they can sit on their own to use them, then I don't see a problem with it.

I would skip the towels/washcloths, regular ones work just fine!

Register for some toys! And also tummy time mats. Grooming kits, first aid kits, socks (its really dumb how expensive baby socks are, I just bought some so I know LOL), dishwasher crates for washing nipples/pacis/bottle parts (def want 2 of those, maybe 3), side-snap tees (if these are the only clothes you register for, do it, like 3-4 packs).
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I don't personally think that bumbos are a good idea, but I know other people like them. Unless you're going to wait until they can sit on their own to use them, then I don't see a problem with it.

I would skip the towels/washcloths, regular ones work just fine!

Register for some toys! And also tummy time mats. Grooming kits, first aid kits, socks (its really dumb how expensive baby socks are, I just bought some so I know LOL), dishwasher crates for washing nipples/pacis/bottle parts (def want 2 of those, maybe 3), side-snap tees (if these are the only clothes you register for, do it, like 3-4 packs).
    Bumbos actually make me super nervous so I've never owned one, lol, they seem safe if used properly so it's likely just an irrational fear of mine .

I've never used baby washcloths either...I cut regular cheapie ones in half .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks everyone for all the advice! I'm still going to register at 1 other place and then register them once we know the genders so I will have a lot to add or subtract

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

I used baby wash cloths for wipes. That is the only thing we really kept up with, consistently, from the cloth diaper attempt. ;)

DS1's thighs were too chubby and he couldn't fit into the Bumbo chair. Instead we got the Summer chair and I LOVED it!! Has an entertainment ring that keeps baby contained, but can be removed. We used it in the bathtub, too. Just a great, versatile chair!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13