Thread: Food :D

Default Food :D

Ack, all I want to eat is peanut butter and chocolate...I think I might be deficient !!!

After gorging myself on nachos and cake/dessert last weekend (my SIL works for a bakery and made the most amazing dessert assortment of frosted cookies, cake-pops, and cupcakes for dd's open house ) I've been back on the wagon the last few days and my inner junk-food junkie is kicking and screaming . I even walked on the treadmill yesterday and today, lol, yay for a 2-day streak !

I've been using the My Fitness Pal app to keep myself accountable...otherwise it could get ugly in the evenings .

So what are your confessions/praises in regards to food and pg this week (or month, or whatever )? Any recipes you've tried lately that you'd care to share (healthy or otherwise)?

Here's one I found on Pinterest I want to try (sorry it's so big, lol, I cut and pasted ):

Ingredients
    1 hothouse cucumber
    4-5 ripe roma tomatoes
    1 large red bell pepper
    1 small red onion
    15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
    Optional: olives, feta, pepperoncini

{For the dressing}
    3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 tsp. oregano
    1/4 tsp. salt

Directions
    Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
    Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
    Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
    Add dressing and toss to combine.
    Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

It's 6 am and you got me hungry!!!

Mine has been french fries (which I really don't like) and ice-cream.... i haven't wanted ice cream since way before i found out i was pregnant......
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Varya, lolol, I was hungry when I posted !!

Lizzy, tater tots were my down fall a couple weeks ago and McD's french fries have really sounded good lately . Ha, ice cream is *always* a weakness for me

Chicken nuggets French fries slushies cheese... It's crazy!!

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Yes French fries....why.....

But im on this rice crispy treat and gummy bears kick..

Oh my word...just made myself a shake and it is so good!

1/2c frozen mango chunks
    1/2c frozen pineapple chunks
    1/2c frozen diced strawberries
    1c whole milk (I used lacta-aid)
    3 drops of vanilla cream stevia extract

Blend until smooth.

It's like strawberry-flavored soft-serve ice cream !!!!!

Summer pregnancies make me thirsty for ice cold stuff. Since I'm dealing with GD, I can't be as naughty as I'd like, though. I have been coping with Route 44 Diet Cherry Limeaides during happy hour at Sonic, though. ;). YUM!!!

I had a shake from Coldstone on Monday and my FBS was 99 the next morning. Then I followed that up with a brownie hot fudge sundae on Tuesday which resulted in a FBS of 102 today. ;(. I was good today an ingested NO sugar. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Kelly, you are so ""evil" lol lol lol I ended up eating Chinese fried vermicelli they make here for breakfast and sell at the hospital. Of course nothing compared to the salad and nachos you keep talking about. Now I want to make smoothie popsicle. I am half-drooling as I am typing. And I am supposed to watch my weight and carb/sugar intake lol

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    Summer pregnancies make me thirsty for ice cold stuff. Since I'm dealing with GD, I can't be as naughty as I'd like, though. I have been coping with Route 44 Diet Cherry Limeaides during happy hour at Sonic, though. ;). YUM!!!

I had a shake from Coldstone on Monday and my FBS was 99 the next morning. Then I followed that up with a brownie hot fudge sundae on Tuesday which resulted in a FBS of 102 today. ;(. I was good today an ingested NO sugar. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings!
    Hey....I have been naughty too! I went several days without checking at all! I started rechecking yesterday.... my blood sugars are pretty good.... I haven't been checking 4 times a day....more like one or two times a day.... I have had no results minus one or two... that makes me think I need to check that much more.

I also have not been "watching" what I eat.... Since they want me to gain weight....which I have still yet to do....I am just focusing on eating stuff that will stay down rather than 100% healthy....although I need to try to incorporate more fruits and veggies... I have not been doing so well with that the past several weeks....

Today was the first day in forever that I woke up and was able to eat without being nauseated the entire time....hoping and praying it continues and that it hasn't been just a fluke.......
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

I never think I have actual cravings until I see a commercial, then BAM. That food is all I can think about! AND don't even get me started about Pinterest... Every recipe my friends post get me all excited and hungry and wanting to bake stuffff.

Yesterday I definitely indulged at Wendy's. I have been craving meat and I have been craving meat for awhile now. Meat and Milk! I am not one to eat a cheeseburger or order a steak from a restaurant. But lately there's no telling! I had the SON OF BACONATOR yesterday and it was just as good as I imagined. lol I could talk about food all day. I love this thread.

Oh and I should add that I weighed this morning and I am still teetering around a 4-5lb gain since the start. Happy with that.

Dorcas, hoping for good numbers for you tomorrow !!!

Varya, ya, the MyFitnessPal app has reminded me a few times about my sugar goals (it's fruit sugars) ...oh well, with no GD issues and an active daily life, lol, I figure I can risk it, right

Lizzy, for waking up with no nausea!!!

Rachel, lol, the cravings just hit me too...I suddenly *need* it, out of absolutely nowhere !! I went through a meat and cheese phase this pg...I don't even know how many steakburgers I ate, but it was absurd . Great job on the weight gain !

DD's open house down here is today . It's just hot dogs, chips, lemonade, and cupcakes/muffins so nothing terribly tantalizing, lol, but I'm hoping I can "be good" . I'm on my 5th day of eating well and my 4th day of walking on the treadmill...super happy about it !!

Actually, I'm "saving up" cals so I can enjoy a pint-size Ben&Jerry's ice cream tomorrow night, lol, I figured if I'm going to indulge big then I need to budget for it . I do so much better eating well if I have something to look forward to . I could opt for a healthier treat, like gelato or sorbet, but I want peanut butter...and chocolate...surrounded by ice cream...with lots of fat and sugar .

Okay, confession, this is SO weird!! I don't even drink wine outside of special occasions, so why on earth am I craving it ...it seriously sounds so good! There's construction on the expressway and I missed my exit the other day...drove by the winery and was so tempted to pull in to buy something for a later date, lol, I just wanted to go smell it...soooo strange !!!

For the first trimester, I wanted a drink of Captain and coke (my drink of choice, when I do drink) so bad.....I did not give in....but I haven't wanted it for several weeks now.
    My weirdest craving so far has been for french fries.....In the entire years since I had my gallbladder taken out, when I was 15 (I just turned 29 on the 6th) I have never had a full order of fries....I may have a bite or two here or there....but that was more than enough for me. DH ordered some fries one day....I ended up eating half the order...and I would have ate the rest had DH allowed me to...(he wanted some fries too!!!!)....That and the first week after I found out I was pregnant....all I wanted was peanuts...or nuts in general...and I don't want anything to do with them now.
    I give up trying to figure out what my body will crave or not want.....lol

Thanks Kelly! My fasting was back down to 90 today!!

Yeah, pregnancy cravings are a complete mystery.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13